Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

8pointstar.jpg

here is one i did a little bit ago i love the red heart spectrum color i also used red heart dark orchid and real teal also some warm brown.

I love this pattern, do you mind telling us what pattern this is and where to maybe find it??

Beautiful!

peni

Wow...look at all the pretty colors and all the different patters...its amazing all the looks you can get with this pattern.

Judy

Looks like you have as many grandsons to make the spiderman ripple for as i do...i have 4 to make it for and then one in pink camo for my granddaughter...i think we will be here awhile :P then i have a new grandbaby on the way...just waiting to find out if its a him or her.

Well im up to row 25 on my spidey one and row 28 on my 24 point was up to 37 but it was buckeling so i had to rip it out and try again...the pattern was wrong so i had to rewrite the dang thing from the beginning :bang:rant so im doing pretty good for riping out and starting over....will try to get a photo up tomorrow.

Have a great night everyone.

I just finished my first one, now tomorrow I will do my other one for the bathroom and also get pictures and info on the finished one up on here. I too have a spiderman one in the need to do list and a sunset colored one for my DD I asked her if she wanted one and she said yes but she wants it to hang on her wall cause it looks like a sun and she wants to look at it from her bed :) so I'm thinking up some good sunset like colors for it. I think I'll use caron ss for it.

Finally, here are pics of the round ripple I started on Sunday. I am starting on row 18.

Looks Good! I hope mine turns out to be as pretty as everyone else's. They are so beautiful!

Everyone's ripples look amazing.

I made one at xmas time for my grandma and really enjoyed it. I used caron ss and although the yarn splits it made it so soft to touch. Hmm makes me want to make another one. I will have to try and finish some of my projects first.

Ok, I had been looking for a new WIP and this just called my name...However, I had no idea how to 'justify' making one....THEN someone here suggested Mother's Day!! Wooo HOOOO! ( Thank you thank you thank you!!!)

Anyway, I saarted last night, got to row #6 ( I am using the Angel-kisses pattern, and now something looks amiss.If I follow the pattern correctly, I think I am going to be crocheting in the 'open spaces' in the pattern. What happened?? Any ideas???:think :think

I love this pattern, do you mind telling us what pattern this is and where to maybe find it??

Beautiful!

peni

Its in a leisure arts book called "new crochet bascics" the picture of the afghan is on the cover in pink and white. your LYS should have it i know its available online

I just finished mine!!

Woo hoo!!!

I did more rounds than the directions called for, but oh well! It's far from perfect, but I'm very proud of it! Not bad for a newbie!

Looks Good! I love it!

I started my round ripple yesterday morning and at the moment I am on row 15. I am using Red Heart Soft Yarn I bought on clearance at Wal-Mart a few years ago for a dollar a skein! I knew I would find a use for it sooner or later, hehehe. I am using 3 colors, Light Country Rose, Country Rose and Cranberry.

I am using a size H hook. I am using Lyn's Round Ripple Afghan pattern.

Afternoon Ladies

Beth

Could you place a link to the pattern...if you are using the one i think you are then there is a mistake on row 3(It should be:

Ch 3, *sk one st, (dc, ch 2, dc) in next st, repeat from * end with dc in base of ch 3, ch 2, join to top of ch 3. (The * is in the wrong place in the pattern and if you follow it that way, you'll be setting up 24 points instead of 12)

Windy

I am putting a few of my happyhouse ones on hold to do this one because i have so many grandkids i need to make Christmas gifts for and its a break from squares...which i needed.

CJ

Love the colors and the almost bronze border.

mikki

That turned out great...cant wait to try a verigated one.

http://project-angel-kisses.150m.com/roundripple.html

I must be the only doh-doh in the group. I have frogged mine twice, and yet still have trouble when starting round #6. It ( the pattern) wants me to 'put one dc in each of the next 2 dc......... Where I have my ch 2 space. I am very confused.

No your not a doh-doh . Sometimes its good to sit it aside when you get aggitated with it and then come back to it when you have calmed down. I do that sometimes and come back to it thinking doh howd i miss that. Not sure that i can help but, which chain 2 did you come to ? the first one or later in the row?you should have 2 skipped sc before your chain 2 spaces. I'm afraid im not making sence. Maybe someone else can do better. Sometimes i find that it's the row before that i messed up on too.

Wow!! Your all doing great! Some of you have already finished, you have been working fast at this. I'm going to be done today and i will post a picture of mine tonight all done :clap I think my Mother will be very happy with her's but i'm excited to try and make one with varagated colors like a lot of you have done. They are just stunning. This has been so much fun for me. I took mine today and showed it off to a friend of mine and she fell in love with it. When i told here it had taken me less than a week to make she said i'm sold where do i get a pattern lol. I plan to be here for some time I have a lot of RR to make. Catch yall a bit later I want to get mine finished up . Almost done :woo

mikki,

I am just going to keep on going. if it looks bad after the fact ( a few rows) then I will just frogg and start again. Maybe it just doesn't seem right to me. I have been snooping on the net, and found a SpiderMan afghan that has different directions for the same row....... Goodness, A girl can really get herself all confused. LOL

Its in a leisure arts book called "new crochet bascics" the picture of the afghan is on the cover in pink and white. your LYS should have it i know its available online

:hook Thank you, I will start searching for it. I love the way it looks. Unfortunately my only LYS is Walmart! and they don't carry much of anything?? :( :( But we are going to the big city in a couple of weeks..............unless I can find it online. Thank you again, and I cannot wait to oin the group...

peni:manyheart

Afternoon Ladies

Windy

I am putting a few of my happyhouse ones on hold to do this one because i have so many grandkids i need to make Christmas gifts for and its a break from squares...which i needed.

Hi Shay yes I think I have been doing too many little square patterns too and I am thinking of doing one of these just do make something thats all in one.

Ok the big one is the finished one the little one is only 5 or so rows from being done. They are made out of "I love this yarn" black and creme with a G hook. The big one is about 27" and the smaller one will be about 16" wide. I'm going to try these as rugs in the bathroom.

th_crochet091.jpgclickable

My next one will be real bright colors in Caron SS.

ImperfectMe- those colors look great.

Aussie, have you seen Hobby Lobbys "I love this yarn" I got some and it is real soft, and so far I haven't notice it spliting.

Hi can you buy this yarn online anywhere. We dont have Hobby Lobby in Australia.

Heather

I like the black and cream...it should show up dirt less to.

Windy

Thats why i decided to do this one..i was just getting bogged down with the squares...join on in.

Ok here is what ive done so far

Six-point star-im on row 36(white,country blue,winsdor blue)

th_Picture015.jpg

Clickable

Spiderman-row 18(Royle blue,burgundy,black)

th_Picture020.jpg

Clickable