Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

Welcome natcat. Can't wait to see what colors you'll be doing. Can never see too many round ripples. I'm on row 32 now and think i will make it a bit bigger. Thanks southern for adding mom to your prayers and i can't wait to see your finished Rr

Hi Ladies

I would like to join to...i have to make 4 of the spiderman ones for my grandsons for Christmas,and one in pink camo for my Grandaughter :P and im also working on a 24 point star ripple for my DD,its done all in the back laps.Im also working on the happyhouse CAL so i will have to divide my time....hope thats ok :think???

Carol

I checked out your blog and i love your 16 point you are doing and i love the colors you choose.

Wow, i'm not to good at this picture stuff yet but i'm trying. Here is what it looks like as of today 4/7/07 Would love your comments on how it looks since it's my first one. Thanks tmpphpPr6ABR.jpgYeehaw!! I think I did it this time. :clap

Very pretty!! I like how you're spacing the colors. I'll start mine tomorrow morning. If all goes well, I'll have a finished one by the end of the week. (10 to 16 hours of flight time plus at least one long layover will do that...) I won't have pictures until I get home because my work laptop doesn't talk with my camera. But I'll still be able to check in at least once a day to :cheer everyone else on! :yay

Okay I have been working on the Sensations one for my mom and got bored with it as it is all in one color. Started a multi colored one last night and it is moving along fast. Will post pics of both in progress soon - working on a headache right now and going to lay down.

Question: Are there any specific rounds of each color that you do? or do you just do what you want? I have chosen to do six rounds of each color with two rounds of a cream in between. I am thinking it doesn't really matter. What does everyone else think? Happy Easter and Happy Crocheting!

Briana, I agree with you that it's pretty much anything goes with the number of rounds in each color. I happen to think it looks nice when not all the "stripes" are the same width, so I think the way you're planning yours sound really nice with the thinner "stripes" of cream inbetween your other colors.

Happy Easter everyone. I have completed 13 rounds on my ripple. I hope to post a photo tonight. I am doing it in Caron Simply Soft brights. In pink, purple and blue. It is for a little girl who loves Hannah Montana and has these colors in her bedroom.

Everyone has done such a great job. This is my first ripple and I know I will be doing many more.

Pam

Crochetgal, I love it! I really like the look of the varigated yarn along with the solid.

I haven't started mine yet, but I will. I'm being lazy today. :yawn

My daugher and I have been snuggling on the couch all day.

Looks great crochetgal.

Can't wait to see more pics of everyones progress. Im on row 32 now haven't worked on it much today yet. I want mine a bit bigger so not sure how many i will end up with. Mines gonna be choco cherry for the majority of it with just a hint of solid brown. So tempted to keep it for myself. But, i have yet to do that yet. Unless you count the ones i made for hubby then i guess i've kept 2 .

:cheeri have been working on one for my son. it is red and blue. it will be a spiderman spider web when i am done with it.:clap

I'm just doing whatever i want .

Shaylen wow your going to be busy. I want to try the spiderman one . I'm afraid i'll mess it up tho.

the spider man one is easy. i am almost done with mine. if you have any questions just pm me.

Hello all I will join you in the round ripple together. I have to tell you that I have started one and for some reason I can't get it to lay flat. If anyone can help I would be so greatful to you. good luck on your projects.

I've been testing out different color scheme's/patterns for the round ripple I'm making for a lady at work using the colors/yarn she wants, and I think I have finally hit on it. I won't be doing anymore on it till I finish the other one I'm working on.

It was extremely hard to get a good pic of the colors. I am using RHSS, the colors are sage mary, buff and black. I am using a size I hook. I am on row 14.

clickable

th_trishtest2b.jpg

th_trishtest2d.jpg

This is the one I am making for my best friend/sister. I need to finish this one so I can get it in the mail. I am using Caron SS, the colors are rose violet, blue mint and black. I am using a size H hook. I am on row 36.

th_nancy3a.jpg

clickable

Hello all I will join you in the round ripple together. I have to tell you that I have started one and for some reason I can't get it to lay flat. If anyone can help I would be so greatful to you. good luck on your projects.

What pattern are you using? There is an error on row 3 in a few of the patterns.

Everyone's is looking great. I worked a little more on mine, but mostly just lazied around today.

honey - my first one would not lay flat either. Now that I am working on my second and third, so far, both of them are laying flat.

I was very careful with the first six rounds in following the pattern exactly.

Then, starting with the seventh round on most patterns you have to make sure you alternate one small shell round with two large shell rounds. This helps it lay flat. There is a pattern that wants you to do two small and then two larger alternating them - I didn't like this, as well as, the one round of small shell and two rounds of large shell.

Also, when making the point, the first stitch after your point sometimes gets hidden in the point stitch causing your stitches to be off which causes the ruffled affect where it doesn't lay flat.

I gathered a bunch of this info from others when they showed off their round ripples in the Home Decor section here on the 'Ville.

Wow, i'm not to good at this picture stuff yet but i'm trying. Here is what it looks like as of today 4/7/07 Would love your comments on how it looks since it's my first one. Thanks tmpphpPr6ABR.jpgYeehaw!! I think I did it this time. :clap

looking good like the colors keep it up

ok ok im a sucker for the round ripples count me in to i will need to start another one since the i was doing is done but thats ok i love to make just need to pick a color

Yeah!!! Glad to see you here Dawn!