Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

Hi all. I'd like to get in on this too. The pics I've seen here so far are great!

LaurieE and Unicorn1394: I want to do the Spiderman one too - for my nephew. His birthday is in July so if I'm lucky I can give it to him then, otherwise, there's always Christmas (I'm not the speediest of crocheters)

Mikki: I can't wait to see what yours looks like. I LOVE the choco cherry yarn. I just started a striped afghan with choco cherry, linen, and fusion.

I just joined the Blue Star Quilt Afghan CAL so between working on that and starting the Spiderman I'm sure it will be slow going, but I figure you guys will keep me motivated.

PICT0347.jpg

Here is mine so far. This is my first one So here's hoping i did it right :blush I added a little brown in two rows just so it won't be just the choco cherry. I love this color. I used a g hook and so far about 7 oz of yarn.So far everyones is looking great!.

Smileyface, Welcome to the the Ripple Along. Were very excited to have you with us. Were all just getting started and your ripple looks great!! I like your colors very much. Keep us posted :)

I would like to join in on this too, but I have a couple of questions...is there a deadline for it, or can I work at my own pace- I'm having trouble with sore hands so I might need to take a few days off every so often. Also, my Dad was just discharged from the hospital after two weeks of being very sick. There might come a time when I'll just have to stop for a while depending on how things are going with him and my Mom. Is that OK or is there a commitment if I join? I don't want to commit if there's a chance I won't be able to keep it. If all of this is not a problem, then count me in, and I'll get back to you on the yarn and hook size.

:hook

Cay, we are very happy to invite you to Ripple with us . There is no deadline you just work at your own pace. We all like to show our work and just have fun chit chatting as we go. So please feel welcome here. There is such wonderful people here. AS far as yarn I just used Red Hart WW yarn and a size H hook. It seems to be a little softer for me with that size, but as you see everyone will do it a little different. If you have questions we will all try to help you the best we can :) See ya soon.

:clap Oh great! Thank you. I'm really excited about trying this. I have the pattern and yarn ready to go. I'm going to do this pattern:

http://www.sewonfire.com/round_ripple_afghan.htm

My yarn is Caron Simply Soft in four colors: soft blue, light country blue, country blue, and dark country blue. My seven year old daughter picked these colors out a while ago so this afghan will be for her. I'm not sure on the hook size. I'll probably use an H or I. As for photos...I'm far from computer savy. I'll have to get my husband to help me with that so it may be a couple of days.

Well, I finally decided what I'm going to do for my first ripple...

I'll be starting it Monday morning on my plane up to Canada. (For those new here, I travel tons for work and it's amazing what you can get done on a plane!)

I'll be using Bernat Baby coordinates in the lavender and pink color and Caron SS in white. I'm not sure which hook, but probably G (which seems to be my favorite hook size...). I'll be trying the pattern that mikki linked. I'll be using either 2 or 3 skeins, depending on how I like it and how quickly it goes.

:welcome to all the new people stopping in to the CAL. I can't wait to see what everyone does with this. Also, :welcome to all the people new to the board! I can't belive I've been here as long as I have! This place is tons of fun and lots of great people!

Have a good Easter!

Well i'm taking a break and thought you might like to see how mine looks so far. It's been cold here in Arkansas our weather has been a little strange this year. A week ago it was 85 degrees it's only 45 today. Whats up with that :lol So i have stayed in the house and been working away on my Ripple. THis is for my Mother For Mother's Day !!!!

How you all have a great Easter. Look out here come peter cotton tail.:rabbit

See ya soon,

I'm in. I need to make one for a baby shower next weekend. Me and my 11yo dd picked out the yarn today. It is bright yellow, varigated with neons (yellow, blue, green) and a neon blue.

Now mind you, I am a homeschooling mom (6 children currently schooling, have 8), work PT for a company and have my own business. I am quite busy and have VERY limited crochet time. So this is going to be a challenge for me to get this done!!

I can do it! I can do it!!

I just need to figure out how many rows of each color to do!

I look forward to working with you all!11

I know I said previously I wouldn't be joining this CAL since I am already doing 2 round ripples in the ripple along cal, but I have since changed my mind. I took my finished round ripple to work today to show a few of the girls, and one of them asked me to make her one!!! I'm not sure when I will be starting on it since I have at least one to get finished as soon as I can, but it will be soon.

My first order for a round ripple :clap:clap:clap

I hope this is the first of many;)

Hi DreamsOfyarn,

Welcome ! I'm glad your going to join us. This is so much fun and keeps me motivated to finish mine. Whats funny is I think i'm already addicted. I just went to Hobby Lobby and bought yarn to start another one when this is done. lol You girls warned me. LOL Hope to see ya real sonn , keep us up to date on your progress.

Wow, i'm not to good at this picture stuff yet but i'm trying. Here is what it looks like as of today 4/7/07 Would love your comments on how it looks since it's my first one. Thanks tmpphpPr6ABR.jpgYeehaw!! I think I did it this time. :clap

Looks great Judy . I'm on row 30 now. It's working up fast. I already plan on doing another in 3 colors. Instead of mostly one like this one will be. I think this one will be for my mother for mothers Day . She's having a tuff time atm as she's been laid off of work for a few months and just got to return. And is losing the house my sister and i grew up in because of it. So i may not wait till then. She says she's not sad about it. I'm not sure thats the truth. I know i cried when she told me. ah sorry about the extra info there needed to get that out... now back to the round ripple.

It looks great, Judy! If mine looks half as good I'll be very happy. I haven't started it yet. Tomorrow is my start day. :hook

Mikki, just wanted to say I'm sorry your Mom is having such a hard time.

Wow, i'm not to good at this picture stuff yet but i'm trying. Here is what it looks like as of today 4/7/07 Would love your comments on how it looks since it's my first one. Thanks tmpphpPr6ABR.jpgYeehaw!! I think I did it this time. :clap

Beautiful! You're doing an Excellent Job!

I will definitely be starting this one soon, as soon as I get my 3SUB done! I am going to do the Spiderman one for my soon to be 6 year old!

Thanks cay.

Can't wait to see what everyones is gonna turn out like. I pop in every once in awhile when i need a break to check the boards.

Yes , I'm a crochetville addict. Hmm i need a tshirt that says that lmao. I'd say my hubby would agree. ..

I'm going to try to start mine tomorrow. It's going to be black and off white. I'm going to try using that new yarn "I love this yarn" from Hobby Lobby I made a halter top for DD and really like it.

Hi ladies,

Sounds like everyone is working the hooks pretty fast. I have a few more rds and I will be finished with mine. Never fear I have already bought yarn to start another :lol I can't believe it I just started it three days ago :eek Can you tell I love the Round Ripple.:yes

I'm very sorry to here about your Mother Mikki, I'm sure the new Pipple will help comfort your Mother. I will keep her in my prayers.

I really enjoy checking in and reading all your posts. Hope to see some progress pictures soon. Nite Nite:sleep

Wow, i'm not to good at this picture stuff yet but i'm trying. Here is what it looks like as of today 4/7/07 Would love your comments on how it looks since it's my first one. Thanks Yeehaw!! I think I did it this time. :clap

Very Pretty, Love it!:yay

Hello Everyone:clap

I would like to join in, if that's ok!!! wow, a CAL for round ripples!!! they are very addicting, & that's ok with me:yay :yes