Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

Well, I got some yarn from my mil she cleaning out closets, so I went and looked at the yarn she had 3bags full only brought home to make an afghan, so I am going to try the rr, lovely afghans ladies.

Well, I got some yarn from my mil she cleaning out closets, so I went and looked at the yarn she had 3bags full only brought home to make an afghan, so I am going to try the rr, lovely afghans ladies.

Glad you are doing a RR looking forward to seeing your progress. Keep us posted

Maybe a stupid question - but do the 6 point RRs look good as huge' date=' adult sized blankets? Or should I do one with more points?[/quote']

well the 12 point is my favorite. I think the ones with less points looks a bit more wavy when they are very big. But thats just me. Looking forward to hereing about your RR.

Maybe a stupid question - but do the 6 point RRs look good as huge' date=' adult sized blankets? Or should I do one with more points?[/quote']

I've made the 9 point one and it looks great as a big ghan....

The nine-pointed round ripple is my favorite, but I'm working on one now that starts as nine points and changes to 18 points. There is another CAL for that one, though. Look here for the CAL for adding points.

Nice RR , I am on row 10 and doing pretty good, once you get it going it is easy, it is a light yellow and off white, the yarn was from my mil, it is just a practice one, then I will buy the colors I want, get a picture out as soon as I can.

I ran out of yarn before finishing my scrap burgandy,green,navy and beige rr. I'm going back to the one I started last month and frogged. It's blue and a blue/brown varigated. I'm not sure what to do as far as color sequence though. Should I switch colors every 6 rounds or do you think a different sequence would look better?

I ran out of yarn before finishing my scrap burgandy,green,navy and beige rr. I'm going back to the one I started last month and frogged. It's blue and a blue/brown varigated. I'm not sure what to do as far as color sequence though. Should I switch colors every 6 rounds or do you think a different sequence would look better?

I am using the fibonacci sequence for my pound of love afghan, (Turquoise, Lavender, and white) (1,1,2,3,5,3,2,1,1) starting with white and each time the # changes I change colors...Just a thought. I will try to add a pic this weekend.

Here is another round ripple I've finished, I think this is #5 for me...they sure are addicting! My youngest daughter decided to take over this one :)

th_100_1711.jpg th_100_1713.jpg th_100_1714.jpg

Gorgeous! The babe, too:lol:hug:manyheart

Simply beautiful. You can never go wrong with pink. What colors are those? How many rounds each color? How many in total?

I used caron simply soft in soft pink and caron simply soft brite is watermelon. My row count was: 6,2,5,3,4,4,3,5,2,6

For this one, the last row I did 6 rows plus the edging row of hdc, I think it would have looked better with just 5 rows of dc and then the edging row of hdc to actually make it 6 rows (instead of 7...which I did) So I actually did 41 rows, but should have made it a straight 40. :)

I really like how this one turned out, I'm excited to make another one for my daughter (but in purple instead!)

what does fibonacci mean, where does that come from. Can you use different numbers and follow the same pattern-equal on both sides like that? I am thinking I have to diagram this! Out come my box of crayons,lol.Oh the pictures, ooooohhhhhhh pretty!!!! Oh and yea, I wish I had a motherinlaw who was cleaning out closets, and my motherinlaw would have had yarn too! she was a crocheter, but she passed away before I ever met her baby boy. Katesmom, there was a lady in the sky cal that made a baseball afghan, it was a round ripple with baseballs on it. She is making another one too. I can't remember if she had bats on it too, but the baseballs were on the points.

Edited by snapdragon928

I really like how this one turned out, I'm excited to make another one for my daughter (but in purple instead!)

What pattern did you use? Is is a freebie?

I have finished 9 and 12 point RRs, but I am always on the look out for more patterns to add to my ever growing files.

My biggest problem is figuring out how many rounds of each color to use. What do you do to solve this problem?

I just "eyeball" mine...and stop when I run out of yarn:lol

I know this is an old CAL, but I just joined and I tell you, I love these RRs and have never made one.

Have any of you done a scrap one? I've flipped through about 100 of the pages in this thread and didn't see one, but wasn't sure.

Do you think that would turn out well?

what does fibonacci mean, where does that come from. Can you use different numbers and follow the same pattern-equal on both sides like that? I am thinking I have to diagram this! Out come my box of crayons,lol.Oh the pictures, ooooohhhhhhh pretty!!!! Oh and yea, I wish I had a motherinlaw who was cleaning out closets, and my motherinlaw would have had yarn too! she was a crocheter, but she passed away before I ever met her baby boy. Katesmom, there was a lady in the sky cal that made a baseball afghan, it was a round ripple with baseballs on it. She is making another one too. I can't remember if she had bats on it too, but the baseballs were on the points.

The Fibonacci sequence is a sequence of numbers where the current number is the sum of the last two numbers. Like this: 0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13 and so on. There are more, but here's a link to an article on using the sequence in crochet.

I know this is an old CAL, but I just joined and I tell you, I love these RRs and have never made one.

Have any of you done a scrap one? I've flipped through about 100 of the pages in this thread and didn't see one, but wasn't sure.

Do you think that would turn out well?

I've seen scrap RRs and there hasn't been a bad one....just find one neutral to throw in an occasional stripe that will repeat...My opinion:hook

The rr are easy I am doing my first one, from yarn I got from my mil, but I haven't work on it for a couple of days making to many mistakes so I just walked away from it, got busy on my website and my dh site we were adding things to it and changeing it, take a look, but a scrap one will look good, enjoy making one.

[quote=mattsmom499;1341879]What pattern did you use? Is is a freebie?

I have finished 9 and 12 point RRs, but I am always on the look out for more patterns to add to my ever growing files.

The pattern I used is found here: http://www.sewonfire.com/round_ripple_afghan.htm

It's really easy, its the one that I started with and always use. I know that there is aggie may's pattern around here too, I've never used that one but have heard great things about it!

My biggest problem is figuring out how many rounds of each color to use. What do you do to solve this problem?

I usually just kind of wing it to tell you the truth. I think of course if I want it all to be even, or change widths and just kind of go from there. I use Caron SS usually which is no dye lot so I don't really have to worry about running out of a color and it not matching, etc. There are so many different color combos and ways to do the rows...I haven't seen one that looked bad yet! Good luck :yes

Not sure if this has been mentioned in this thread before, but just in case anyone has been looking for this pattern, The 6-Pointed Star from Annie's Attic (it add points as it gets bigger, and just last week they have released this pattern again!) Here's the link: http://www.anniesattic.com/crochet/detail.html?prod_id=22829

I'm not comfortable attempting to add points on my own-without a pattern, so was thrilled when I got an email from Annie's Attic saying that they have released this pattern again! I immediately ordered a copy!

I've seen scrap RRs and there hasn't been a bad one....just find one neutral to throw in an occasional stripe that will repeat...My opinion:hook

Thanks! I pulled out my worsted weight stash and decided to improvise. I wanted a rug for the floor, so I thought 2 strands with size N hook might work well.

I'm on row 14 with mostly mix-n-match colors and a few solid 'neutrals' thrown in. I'll post a picture as soon as I can get one on the computer for posting. I just love pulling odd colors together!

:D

The 6-Pointed Star from Annie's Attic (it add points as it gets bigger, and just last week they have released this pattern again!) Here's the link: http://www.anniesattic.com/crochet/detail.html?prod_id=22829

I'm not comfortable attempting to add points on my own-without a pattern, so was thrilled when I got an email from Annie's Attic saying that they have released this pattern again! I immediately ordered a copy!

I got the same pattern from epatterns.com. Now will you be so kind to walk me through this one when you get yours?:manyheart. I have to yarn ready, but need someone to help me when it get tricky.