SouthernJudy

Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

4,307 posts in this topic

I want to make a preemie size one in a bit. Everyones is beautiful. I made a spiderman one and a blue tone one. One each for my grandchildren.

Question for you ladies? Can you take some crochet thread, can you use this pattern to make it for a table? I was just wondering, I am new to this pattern bee crocheting for many, many years. If you looked on my site there are plenty of afghans, but this one I want to make one, but I might do a solid color. thanks

I've used Aggie May's 9-pointed Round Ripple for:

• round ripple afghans
  • coasters (under a glass or cup to protect a tabletop)
  • earrings

I suppose the 8 or 12 pointed versions would work as well. I love the look of the 9-pointed one so much I haven't even attempted the other ones.

Question for you ladies? Can you take some crochet thread, can you use this pattern to make it for a table? I was just wondering, I am new to this pattern bee crocheting for many, many years. If you looked on my site there are plenty of afghans, but this one I want to make one, but I might do a solid color. thanks

I made a small doily from a RR pattern:

th_HPIM0287-1.jpg

oh, that is so pretty, thanks for sharing, are the patterns all the same or different?

I've never done it, but I imagine you could and that it would be very pretty. It would probably be very time-consuming, but worth it in the end. I've been wanting to use thread and just make a doily, but I have too many WIPs as it is, so that'll have to wait for now...

Hey! I won a ribbon for my round ripple at the San Diego County Fair.

Here's the post in Show and Tell.

Congrats on your ribbon, now you will have to work hard and top that one :) I'm happy for you, you put a lot of hard work into that RR. Good job!!!!!!

oh, that is so pretty, thanks for sharing, are the patterns all the same or different?

Are you asking about mine?

I used the pattern from Sew On Fire....there's a minor correction in row three, but otherwise I find it a dream to follow....

Haven't posted on this thread for quite awhile. However, I wanted to share my latest two round ripples.

th_HPIM0732.jpg

This first one was made with Red Heart Super Saver in a light sage and watercolor. Although not made specifically to be a baby afghan, it is about the size of a baby afghan.

th_HPIM0724.jpg

This one is much larger. It is done with Caron Perfect Match yarn, Windsor Blue and a multi with blues, tans and white. This is shown on my queen sized bed, so you get the idea of the size.

Hope you all like them.

Edited by LegalWoman17
To describe pictures

Debbie,

Both are pretty, but my favorite is the darker one. Thanks for sharing.

:yay Gene on your win. I would love to see a crochet contest. And enter one. Is the one you entered the one with the popcorn stitches I think it was? Your pattern?

A doily would be cool in a round ripple. I would do one of the ones with the lacy open middles for that. I have made a dishcloth from a round ripple pattern, worked out well.

Looking at all these and I want to start another one. Besides the baby one I want to do. There was one made by I think the same person who made the spiderman one that was a fish pond with little fishes on it. And I have seen a sun one. And a flower one by Monica Z I beleive it is. Her pattern is real cheap. I would like to make that one.

Debbie, your RRs are gorgeous! :clap

I, too, esp like the darker one....

Good morning!

I finally got started on my RR. I'm using Aggie May's pattern in RH SS Forrest Green, White and Bright Yellow. Those are my brother's school colors and the blanket is going to be a gift for our mom for Christmas. He is the baseball "star" of the family, so this will be perfect for when she is sitting outside watching him play on the cold spring nights!

Thanks again to everyone who offered help and advice on how to get started! :) There are SO many beautiful blankets on this thread!

Heres a round ripple I made using Red Heart Supersaver Yarn in Gold and Fall (varigated).

th_933173-R1-14-13Ab.jpg

Heres a round ripple I made using Red Heart Supersaver Yarn in Gold and Fall (varigated).

th_933173-R1-14-13Ab.jpg

Very pretty!!:clap

Honey - thank you.

Yes, the afghan I entered was the popcorn round ripple (my pattern). It won a third place in the category "Afghan, lap - exhibitor 62 or older". I also won a first place for a hat of my own design. I'm still so excited about those ribbons I can hardly stand it. I don't pick up the afghan and hat until after the fair is over, and I guess at that time get my ribbons.

I haven't made a doily from the RR pattern yet, but I've made coasters and earrings.

:yay Gene on your win. I would love to see a crochet contest. And enter one. Is the one you entered the one with the popcorn stitches I think it was? Your pattern?

A doily would be cool in a round ripple. I would do one of the ones with the lacy open middles for that. I have made a dishcloth from a round ripple pattern, worked out well.

Looking at all these and I want to start another one. Besides the baby one I want to do. There was one made by I think the same person who made the spiderman one that was a fish pond with little fishes on it. And I have seen a sun one. And a flower one by Monica Z I beleive it is. Her pattern is real cheap. I would like to make that one.

th_933173-R1-14-13Ab.jpg

Thats is very pretty and will be so nice when fall comes :)

The RR I'm working on now isn't working out as planned. I'm using some scrap yarn that I thought I had plenty of, but it turns out that I don't. I was doing three rounds of each color (burgandy,navy,hunter green,cream & a varigated). It was working well until I got about halfway through and only had enough to do two rows of green. Then I ran out of the varigated after one round. Now, what I have left to work with is an almost full skein of the burgandy. Do you think it will look strange to have all these uneven rounds at the end? I just don't know if I should go out and buy more yarn to make it perfect or just go with the flow...

The RR I'm working on now isn't working out as planned. I'm using some scrap yarn that I thought I had plenty of, but it turns out that I don't. I was doing three rounds of each color (burgandy,navy,hunter green,cream & a varigated). It was working well until I got about halfway through and only had enough to do two rows of green. Then I ran out of the varigated after one round. Now, what I have left to work with is an almost full skein of the burgandy. Do you think it will look strange to have all these uneven rounds at the end? I just don't know if I should go out and buy more yarn to make it perfect or just go with the flow...

Frog the green and varigated....do the burgundy than finish with your green and varigated.....but you might not have enough to go around so if you dont mind weaving in ends,do a point with green,than next point varigated than repeat to end....how's that sound??