SouthernJudy

Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

4,307 posts in this topic

thanks judy

i`ve promised my self to finish what i start and i`m trying to do it for sure

i would love to have RR for my self and i want to make something for DD she will keep it even after she grows up to remember :)

how are you going with your RR?? and for who are you making it??

Athba, I'm making a baby RR for a charity CAL here on the ville. I just like making them:D It's close to being finished.

One day I'll make myself a purple one...I even have the yarn...but not for a while. We're going to be getting warm weather soon, and even with air conditioning in the house I'm not anxious to have a blanket sitting on my lap!:P

judy

no i think we should make our selves blankets do yo know why?? because when the cold comes we will say" oh i always LOVED to have RR i wish i made one when i had the chance" :lol

beleive me our yarn are calling for us touse them for lovelly blankets and throws ;)

judy

no i think we should make our selves blankets do yo know why?? because when the cold comes we will say" oh i always LOVED to have RR i wish i made one when i had the chance" :lol

beleive me our yarn are calling for us touse them for lovelly blankets and throws ;)

You're so bad!:lol:lol

I may have to sneak another WIP onto my list....

I REALLY do love the RRs...:D

...now where did I put that stash of purple yarn:think Hmmm...purple and black....Yum!

yup :yes

purple and black very yum yum yum ...

looooool :lol

go for it you can do it :cheer

if that makes any encourgement we can make a competetion of who will finish her ripple first

and beleive me this is the only way i`ll keep on working hard

:lolNo competition, but I'll ask about yours and you can ask me how I'm doing with mine:yes

We'll BOTH have our own RRs!:clap

First I have to get the yarn out from whatever box in which it's buried in the garage!:lol

Going to work another row or two on the filet test I'm working on for LeAnna...

Talk with you tomorrow,,,or whatever time it is for you over there;)

Good night, Athba:hug

judy

ok then

that means you got to look for the yarn for yours

i`ll try to finish the one for dd today it`s 9" now so 31" to go

i`ll post pictures as soon as it`s done

judy

ok then

that means you got to look for the yarn for yours

i`ll try to finish the one for dd today it`s 9" now so 31" to go

i`ll post pictures as soon as it`s done

You have a lot left to do!! Hope DD cooperates and lets you finish:lol

You're so bad!:lol:lol

I may have to sneak another WIP onto my list....

I REALLY do love the RRs...:D

...now where did I put that stash of purple yarn:think Hmmm...purple and black....Yum!

I'm going to make myself a painted purple one someday. I'm going to splurge on the yarn, so it's not in the budget right now :lol

thanks judy

i`ve promised my self to finish what i start and i`m trying to do it for sure

i would love to have RR for my self and i want to make something for DD she will keep it even after she grows up to remember :)

how are you going with your RR?? and for who are you making it??

Hi, My RR is for my oldest grandson for graduation this Sunday. I did it in his school colors of black and gold. WEre leaving for iowa in the morning so I will see you when I get back :)

Opps sorry Ladies I see there is another Judy here lol

Have a great weekend. See you when i get home.

Opps sorry Ladies I see there is another Judy here lol

Have a great weekend. See you when i get home.

That'd be me;)

judy (judianne)

ohh after lunch i slept alot and i wake only to feed dd and change her diapers, and give her midicine

then we go back to sleep

here now it`s nearlly 1a.m. and i just had my dinne and crocheting

i think caron brites with 5mm hook takes a while to reach the size needed cause the stiches are small

judy (southernjudy)

it`s my pleasure to hear about you too

have a safe trip wish to see you back soon

ohh ladeis

i remember that anglefire had free RR`s patterns one of them was 9 points RR i really couldn`t find the link

is there any one would help me with it ???

ohh it wasn`t 9 points in the anglefire

it was 7 poins so i`ll try to change the pattern to make 9pts :yes

Athba. the Sew on Fire pattern has 9 points...if you use it one of these days, there's a small error in round 3...

The Caron brites do make a smaller finished product. I found that out when I made a friend a shawl - TG she's petite!

thanks judy

is the correction that every one`s are useing for the 12pts RR will be used for the 9pts RR??

thanks judy

is the correction that every one`s are useing for the 12pts RR will be used for the 9pts RR??

I don't think they're using the pattern I am when they make the increases in the points.

If you do use the Sew on Fire pattern, though, the symbol.. * .. is in the wrong place on row 3 - you might even see where it should be if you look at the pattern...or I can dig mine out and tell you.

thanks judy

don`t you know how it would be working with boucle yarn?? i think will love an afghan with that yarn :)

me too i`ll love it loooooool :lol

thanks judy

don`t you know how it would be working with boucle yarn?? i think will love an afghan with that yarn :)

me too i`ll love it loooooool :lol

That would make a nice lightweight RR - yet warm.:yes

ohh ladeis

i remember that anglefire had free RR`s patterns one of them was 9 points RR i really couldn`t find the link

is there any one would help me with it ???

I use Aggie May's 9 point Round Ripple pattern. You can contact her, or send me an email and I will respond with the pattern. She has given me permission to redistribute it.

I created a solid center rr that is free on my blog...if anyone wants to try it. I am still working out the yardage required, so far I have about 15 to 17 oz for a 36" blanket...no yardage yet. blog is in my sig line.

thank you ladies

i think i figured out the way to do it by seeing the photos

if i started it i`ll post photo

I'm working on the "Baby's Round Ripple Afghan" from this website: http://project-angel-kisses.150m.com/roundripple.html

I'm on round 21 and the center seems puffy and the edges keep wanting to roll up. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I don't know whether to keep going or frog it...

Here's a picture of it so far:DSCF0350.jpg

crochet dad

Aggie has sent me the 9pts RR pattern and i`m exited and cant help my self to start something with it

i first inspired by your afghan that is made for your daughter for her birthday with homespun yrn and N hook

thanks for sharing your photos for inspiration :hug

Manfame

actually some ladeis had that problem to be honest i didn`t

maybe your crochet is too tight but i think after doing more rows it will get better because the afghan will be havier and will lay flat

i hope that helped