Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

thanks guys! i'm using caron ss, as usual. the pink is actually a baby yarn and i think that you can tell, but it is a gift for a non-crocheter and i doubt she will notice!!! but i think it gives it a little more texture, otherwise i wouldnt have gone with it!

:whewI finished the latest round ripple in time to send it off with my Dad to have it delivered to the lady that ordered it. If I hadn't finished it by the time he left with my DD, it wouldn't have been delivered until next week.

I had to alter the color pattern halfway through. She decided she wanted to use it as a wall hanging, and it would have been WAY too big for the wall space she has for it. I sent a message to her that if she didn't like the way I did the color pattern, I would redo it for her. It ended up being about 51" instead of the 60+ it would/should have been.

It was extremely hard to get a good picture of this to show the true colors.

th_JanetsRounder1Church.jpg

th_JanetsRounder1aChurch.jpg

clickable

Hi Mel :hook

I really like the RR, & am wondering how she hung it on the wall??

You did a great job on it

I'm not really sure how she is going to hang it on her wall. I have wanted to do it, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

I do know that when our Church had the silent auction Sunday and I donated 2 round ripples to be auctioned, my DD hung them on the wall so everyone was able to see them easier. She used thumbtacks and pushpins to hang them. I cringed when she told me. She told me not to worry, she didn't 'mess it up'. She put the thumbtacks in the 'holes' in the points and she said it worked pretty well.

I had planned on getting a large piece of thick cardboard, use thumbtacks to mount the round ripple on it, cut the cardboard to match the size of of the round ripple, then hang the cardboard on the wall. One of these days I'll get around to doing that, if I ever get to keep one for myself. I still don't have my own round ripple.

Here's the latest - it was done in RH burgundy, tan and black, even though it looks red in this pic:

DSC01398.jpg

This one is going to another young man from my hubby's church who is leaving on his mission later this month. Now I'm starting another one in a double-strand of Sensations yarn in blue/tan/brown for my colleague's birthday in July. Will post it when it's finished.

Love your colors you did a great job. Im sure the young man that receives it will be very proud of it, as we are of him.

Here's the latest - it was done in RH burgundy, tan and black, even though it looks red in this pic:

DSC01398.jpg

This one is going to another young man from my hubby's church who is leaving on his mission later this month. Now I'm starting another one in a double-strand of Sensations yarn in blue/tan/brown for my colleague's birthday in July. Will post it when it's finished.

DSC01398.jpg

That is stunning!!! I love your colors

Hi Ladies, I'm back and I see you have all kept very busy while I was away for a few weeks. I have really missed you all . I just got home yesterday and i'm resting up from my long drive home. But never fear I still did another RR while I was there. My son inlaw just had to have one in Green Bay colors so i finished it just one day before I left. Now that i'm home i'm planning to make two os the same for my husband and I for this winter.

Baby News!!

His Name is Brett James

He weighed 7 lbs 3 ozs

He was 19 inches long

He is such a little doll :manyheart He is doing great and Mother has her hands full, She has a baby that just turned a year old the 14th of May. Almost like having twins I told her. LOL Poor girl son't know which way to turn. We now have 6 Grandsons and no Grand Daughters.WE won't be getting any either.Thats ok tho we love each and every one of the boys and wouldn't have it any other way.

Well ladies I'm going to rest up a bit more today and I will be back in here full force in a day or so. Knowing me it will be tomorrow. Keep up all the great work and I can't wait to chat with everyone. I will be posting a pict of the new baby as soon as i'm settled back in here at home. Have a nice afternoon. :hug

How many rounds do you guys usually do before you FO? I think I'm at about 23 or so. And it still looks too small! It's growing, but I just dont know if there is a standard.

PS. Thos are beautiful RR's ladies!

How many rounds do you guys usually do before you FO? I think I'm at about 23 or so. And it still looks too small! It's growing, but I just dont know if there is a standard.

I do about 40 rounds. I think everyone just makes them the size that they want. I like about 40 rounds myself. If your making it for a child I would make it smaller.

I've made mine anywhere from 35 rows (for a baby) to 60 rows. That is the biggest one I've made.

When deciding how big to make it, I take into consideration who I am making it for, the type of yarn (some acrylic yarn is thinner), the number of colors I am using and the color scheme/pattern, and the size of the hook.

Hope that helps.

Am I too late to join?

Hi Duckie!! It is never too late to join. I have 3 in the works, plus many more to do, so I will be here for quite some time.

Jump in, have fun. The possibilities are endless. I have even made some (3 and another one in the works) into rugs, using 2 strands.

A word of warning, these are highly addictive.

I just dont know if there is a standard.

Oh no, no standard at all for how many rows. The one I just posted was 36 rows with an H hook in worsted, with the final two rows being sc and then a round of crab stitch to finish off - and I don't crochet very tightly. I've done 26 rows with an F hook in sport/baby weight for a baby ripple, but if I had more yarn I would have done 30 rows for that one.

If you want them to work up more quickly, try one in double strand worsted with an N hook. Now that really flies by, and I can usually finish one of those in 3-4 evenings. :eek:yarn

hi everyone! i have just started my first round ripple! :yay i am using a N hook and caron one pounders in sky blue and "new white" (as opposed to "old white" ??? i guess.....:lol ) it is a gift for my cousin, who is about to have her first baby. i have never used Caron before and its so SOFT! is it like redheart where it gets even softer as you wash it???

Good morning Ladies,

I hope you are all having a great start to your day. It's warm and sunny here in Arkansas. I'm going to do a little yard work while it's nice and then in and clean the house and then, yep you guessed it. CROCHET!!!!! :lol I haven't crocheted for a few days since my trip home and i'm having withdrawals. :eek So I better get with it and get to work so I can have my Crochet time. hehehehe You all have a great day and I will be checking in later. :hug

Hi Ladies,

Quick question for those of you that have made the spiderghans, on Rnd 9 did you follow the pattern and do sc shells or go on your own and do dc shells? I was just thinking that the sc might make the ends curl up. ;)