Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

hi all!!

i am not part of this cal but will be starting a round ripple in the near future and i am trying to find a pattern. i know there are a few out there however which one seems to be a favorite amoung you all? i have gone through some of the responses on this thread i just don't have the time to go through 90+ pages. i had posted something like this on the seeking pattern thread but did not get much of a response and then i ran across this so i thought i would ask you! hope you can help me!

by the way all the ripples i did she are absolutly amazing! oh maybe i should mention this is for a baby.

Try this post of chromekitty's she posted corrections to a rr pattern also has a link to the original pattern. I had the best luck with this one with her corrections.

Even without the flash, your pictures came out fine. Both afghans are very pretty.

SouthernJudy!!!

It's funny to think about it now, all of the counting I had to do, & re-do...lol

however:think back then, it wasn't quite so funny, but that's ok, it keeps my brain busy:eek :think

bye the way, where we live, we don't get too much snow, except for up in the mountains, we get wind & dust... but not all the time :yes:no:think:eek LOL

Ahh wind and dust, When I lived in Iowa I would have been very happy with wind and dust lol Now I love the wind cause it has all the sounds of the wildlife around us. I'm a happy camper. Guess I better get to work on my spidyghan I have three more rds to go then the webs. After that I have to get another one going. Whew!! I leave for Iowa in Two weeks so guess I better get to work. Daughter having a new baby the 8th of June. ;-)

Funny you should mention doing a round ripple. I just started one yesterday. It's for a charity group I recently joined, and I'm doing it in pink and white for a baby. A generous friend of the group donated the yarn. I finished one a couple of weeks ago too for a friend expecting a baby. I love round ripples because they're so adaptable when it comes to size and yarn used. I made a larger one for my daughter's bed a few months ago in the holly & ivy ombre.

Keep on hooking! :yarn

Alanna

:manyheart The Round Ripples you ladies are coming up with are beautiful and beyond.

Here's picts of the second RR I've done with this peaches+cream cotton.

th_100_1028.jpg

th_100_1027.jpg

(clicky)

Crochetingfool :sun helped me get the extra points into this,,since I obviously can't follow directions the added points are shorter,,but it's ok, I guess

The main thing is,,it's finally done:)

The rest of this yarn is going in the bottom of:headache the back of-:yell under a pile of:sofunny anything I can find to keep it out of my sight!!!

Iyiyi,,,Thanks for lookin;)

:manyheart:hookNancy:cheer

Your round ripple is just BEAUTIFUL:woo :flower you did a fantastic job on it:yay

I'm so happy to see you here:jumpyay :applause

Hi KKMS!!

I first used the pattern that chrome kitty used here is the link

http://www.sewonfire.com/round_ripple_afghan.htm

Here is the link for row3 corrections ( this pattern is fine, but the star is in the wrong place,(the star should be, before *SKIP

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=29245

This is how the small shell rows & the large shell rows should be it helps the rr to lay flat, this is how I do it and a lot of other ladies also, & all the round ripples come out fine!!

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showpost.php?p=404616&postcount=5

Good Luck:hook

:manyheart The Round Ripples you ladies are coming up with are beautiful and beyond.

Here's picts of the second RR I've done with this peaches+cream cotton.

th_100_1028.jpg

th_100_1027.jpg

(clicky)

This is very pretty!:yes Great job!!!!

Thank you so much for the kind words, I love this pattern. I want to try the spiderman rr for my son after mothers day, wish me luck. :manyheart

honey112

Your round ripple is just beautiful:manyheart :yay you did such a great job on it, & the scalloped edges really make it all stand out so nice!!

HEY natcat!!! You are doing some BEAUTIFUL afghans,girl,,I always look for your work!!! Thanks ,,,I need to do a blue and white blanket for a baby boy so I'll be around awhile!! :eek

Tahlara thanks so much for the kind words,, Check out this thread

aggie may has lots of good tips and some simple advice for this RR

You'll be halfway through one of these before you know it!!:yes

The hard part will be choosing your colors!!;)

hey all you round ripplers. I have to tell you that i've been lurking here for quite some time. So long in fact that i'm on my second rr and i just love making them:clap. I just wanted to tell you all how much i enjoy reading your posts and getting such good inspiration! So thank you and a great big :hug to each and every one of you!

Karla

Hey Ladies,

I haven't been working on my rr to much lately although I'm just about finished. I saw a rr that was made with the granny square pattern, I was wondering if anyone knows where I could get this pattern, I looked on ebay no such luck.