Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

Aren't they all just soooo beautiful?? I can't wait to see the Christmassy ones that I know will start showing up.

Has anyone done one of these in the back loops only? Or, in the "v" used the crochet 2 stitches together vs. skip 2 stitches? If so, I would love to see pictures. Have a great weekend everyone!!

Everybodies round ripples look gorgeous, I finished one and have 3 others started. I don't have a digital camera so I just been using a regular disposable one. So I'll post a pic whenever I can get it filled and develope.

Again, all the round ripples look beautiful and the color choices are amazing.

These round ripples are so beautiful! :manyheart It's going to be so hard to decide on my next color scheme. I love the sand and green colors together that Julie is doing...I also love the green and pinks...and the one with the yellow and purple...then there's the one with the yellow and red...I'm never going to be able to pick one for myself to do! :lol

I didn't have much crochet time this week, but here's where I'm at so far:

th_GeorgiesRR05.jpg

(Clickable)

Once I finish this round of blue mint, I will do 7 rounds of black...and then attempt to add the granny squares! I'm hoping to get the 7 rounds and the granny squares done this weekend and then work on adding them in next week.

That's the plan anyway! :yes

Thanks, I didn't think I could go wrong with purple and green. They are my two most favorite colors too. I really appreciate your wonderful comments. They help motivate me to keep creating. :)

Thanks Julie! I never would have picked these colors myself, but I think they are very pretty together.

I really like the green and sand colors in yours...green is one of my favorite colors (right behind pink!) but I wouldn't have thought to put it with the brown. They're gorgeous together. :clap

I should be working on my rr...but instead I'm here looking at these beautiful color combinations and looking through my stash! :P

I wanted to say that all of your round ripples are so very beautiful!!

I started a RR and right now, I am on the 10th row, I enjoy making the RR, they are so much fun

I hope everyone has a nice weekend.

th_MonetRoundRipple01-1.jpg

clickable

Hi, heres my first round ripple. I finally got my film developed. I used red heart blue, spring green, and banana berry. I used the sew on fire pattern and used size f hook and crocheted 37 rounds. It measures 61-inches point to point. I'm not too good of at taking pictures, theres always a ghost in the corner, I call him thumpkin. th_327028-R1-19-20A_020.jpg

th_327028-R1-18-18A_019.jpg

Champy - I like your RR. It remind me of the ripples in the pond, where a rock hit the water, then small waves spread along the water into those soothing ripples... Thumpkin - I like that! Now I wonder if I do have thumpkins around home. It's a comforting thought for some reason. :ghost

Ladies

These are all so pretty, they could become an addiction, you know ? I'm wondering if it's possible to make one of these that is truly UGLY . Waddya think ?

I bet I have seen hundreds of pictures of these round ripples and they are all stunning. None are any less . This would be a real challenge, to make an UGLY round ripple. I don't think it could be done .

and Champy-- where is Thumpkin in your picture ? I have clicked on both of them trying to see him. Is he a kitty ? I feel like I'm looking at a Where's Waldo book, but it's Where's Thumpkin . :lol

HaHa Julie, I think Thumpkin is the shadow in the corner. You've never heard anyone say before that in pics. it's a ghost? You are funny, where's Thumpkin....you would've been looking forever. :lol :lol

Oh and I made my very first RR when my older boys were 2 and I just washed it yesterday so it's clear in my mind what it looks like. It is ugly!! :yes I'll have to post a pic. later. I started trying to make it the colors of a rainbow & I ran out of the yarn so I just started adding colors people gave me (too poor to buy yarn then so I had to take what I could get). I actually stopped mid row on it and finished it off because it was so ugly and my points were all off. One side of the point would have more stitches then the other side of the point. It is hideous but I still keep it for the memories on how far i've come. Plus the kids like to use it as a rug/play mat type area because there rooms are tile floors. So atleast it gets used for something. Okay, now i'm going ot shut up. :lol

Tab

I would LOVE to see your UGLY round ripple. I bet it's not as bad as you say it is .

And nope, I've never heard of Thumpkin the ghost . I have been staring at those photos looking for a kitty, then I thought maybe it was a bunny ( Thumper, you know ) ?

Anyhow, I couldn't find one yet. :lol

Well, it's not Thumpkin i've heard of. I think she just named her ghost but I have heard of people saying when they continually have a shadow that it's a ghost. :yes But anywhoo, it was funny to watch you try to figure it out. :lol Ya know I love ya. :manyheart And yes, believe me it's that bad. I'm telling ya wait until I get that camera out today. I just have to wake up & clean first. :eek

Carol, that is so pretty. I love the shades of blue.

Champy what a pretty bright RR. I love how the colors run into each other.

Tabby, I'd love to see the picture too. Kudo's to you though for actually finishing it off anyway and keeping it. That's a great way to look at it as seeing how far you've gone. I have that with another type of blanket. I didn't like how it turned out (it didn't look "bad") the pattern turned out to be sideways on the blanket but I've kept it because it was my first ever blanket and now I can see how much I've improved since then.

This is an RR that I just finished for a young man at my husband's church who has gone on his mission. My stepdaughter asked him for his three favorite colors, and he said "blue, orange, and ..... purple." So I raided my stash of royal, deep plum, and flourescent orange, and this is how it turned out!

DSC01337.jpg

I wasn't sure about the color combo at first, but I'm very pleased with the results. The outer row of blue is one round of sc, then a row of reverse sc (crab stitch). I'm sure he'll appreciate his "hug" from our family. Oh, and it's 62" from point to point.

Goodmorning,

wow so many pictures and I just love them all. You ladies just do beautiful work. I know that many hearts are touched thru the love you put into every RR that you make.

Well I said I was going to rest a couple of days after I finished my last RR but ya know what happen? Yep your right I started another one. I'm on rd 23 of a spidyghan for my grandson. I just can't stop making these they are such a joy to make. I love all the support I get from all of you. It's so much fun to come in here and chat with everyone. I know i'm new here and I hope to make a lot of long time friends :)

Have a nice day and I will check in later in the day. :manyheart

LOL SueB!! It was the sl st that was really giving me issues!! Now I'm attempting another first...the crab stitch! Wish me luck!

i have never heard of the crab stitch until now. could you explaine how to do it or is there a pattern somewhere on how to do it?

i have never heard of the crab stitch until now. could you explaine how to do it or is there a pattern somewhere on how to do it?

It's a reverse sc...in other words instead of going right to left, you do it left to right. It maks a beautiful finish for anything - and easy, once you're comfortable with the stitch. I use it more often than not.

Someone else may know if there's a tutorial around...