Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

Has anyone found a really good self-striping yarn to make these round ripples? I would like to make one in a regular size (not baby) in blues/mauves. I am close to lots of stores, but I have a hard time just looking at yarn and figuring out what it might do! Also, I don't really care if it's a little pricey - it would be worth it to have something turn out really nice!!

Thanks!!

Joni

Shaylen, I am also making a round ripple out of thread. It sure is slow going, but it is working up nicely and is so pretty. I am going to give it to my best friend/sister along with her yarn round ripple.

AAhhhh, I can't wait to see a pic of the thread RR, I bet that is pretty! I love thread projects, I wish I could work with thread, :(.

Ok I did a search through this thread and someone said it could be the hook size that's causing the RR to not lay flat so I'm wondering if that's it. I'm using Coats TLC in Citrus. The wrapper says and H hook and I'm using a J. So could that be why mine isn't laying right? Should I frog it and try it with the H hook?

I am not sure if the hook size would be your problem or not, I am using an H hook and I am not really having an issue with mine curling. If ya want to frog it and try again, I would go for it, otherwise you are not going to be happy with it and if you are like me get discouraged fast.

Mel

What size thread are you using???

I am using #3 thread. I am a beginning threader, so I decided I'd take baby steps with it. I didn't want to try thread that was too thin and get discouraged and not finish it.

I've finally gotten a pic of my round ripple!!!

I had a lot of partial skeins of Caron SS so I decided to do a scrappy one. I still have a way to go before I'm finished.

It will be going to Project Linus.

Enjoy!

FelixLake, that is so pretty, I love the colors. I have never purchased Caron yarns but just may have too. Colors are beautiful!

Well here is my first completed round ripple. It isn't anything compared to most of you alls that came up with awesome color patterns but I wanted to start out with something simple first.

Good Job Lov2Crochet, I love it!

Well here is my first completed round ripple. It isn't anything compared to most of you alls that came up with awesome color patterns but I wanted to start out with something simple first.

DSC02837.jpg

DSC02838.jpg

Very Pretty!! Congratulations on finishing one! :cheer

Kim :princess

Oh!! I have a question for all you ladies. Has anyone made a RR with a edging? If so I would love to have a link to how it's done. I think I seen one somewhere that has a scollped edge but I don't know where I seen it.

I would like to make one with a finished edge. Not sure how it would look, who knows it may look good on a special baby RR's Anyway it was a thought. Thanks for any help. I will be posting a new Picture tomorrow :D

Have a great evening. Nite Nite Don't let The Bed Bug's Bite :lol

This one has a border, but it's not a shell. http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.jsp?articleId=281474976910272

I hope this helps. I'm using this pattern, but with an I hook and not the same color sequence.

Kim :princess

Jaded Moon, that's what I thought to so I frogged it last night. I'm trying it again. I'm going to use a smaller hook and try the tip about only doing one row of small shells for every two rows of large shells. Hopefully then it will lay right.

Crochetprincess, Thankyou for the link I will have to check it out. I'm also looking for the shell stiched edge, if anyone sees it please let me know :)

I enjoy all of your postings so much. Thankyou :hook See yall a little later in the day. I have to get hubby off to work. He works for the school system and i'm retired from being a Surgical Sterile Tech. So now I get to enjoy our new home and CROCHET!!!!!! :clap

Crochetprincess, Thankyou for the link I will have to check it out. I'm also looking for the shell stiched edge, if anyone sees it please let me know :)

I enjoy all of your postings so much. Thankyou :hook See yall a little later in the day. I have to get hubby off to work. He works for the school system and i'm retired from being a Surgical Sterile Tech. So now I get to enjoy our new home and CROCHET!!!!!! :clap

I think this is the one you are looking for.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=49408

well i guess i'll be in here instead of the regular ripple along. here is a pic of the rr i'm doing for me dd. i'm using bernat cotton tots in blue, yellow, and easter parade. its sort of on hold now but i try to do a row here and there.

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o39/cherinec5/Picture107.jpg

Judy, it looks fairly easy. It looks like 3 shells on each side of the point and one shell on the point. After looking at the picture again, it depends on how big it is to figure out how many shells. The one I am working on looks bigger than hers. I'm guessing the key is to have the same number of shells on both sides of the point and one on the point.

Let me know what you find out!

Have my RR on the go, will have to post a pic but not sure how one does that.

A few projects on the go right now, but I like it that way.

Can anyone give some advise for posting pics?

Hi everyone,

Well this is my RR as of today 4/15/07 I have just about 7 more rows to go I think. It measures 54 inches from tip to tip. I'm useing a H hook. I am hoping to be able to figure out how to put a scolloped edge around it in shells to see if it gives it a more finished look. I have seen that .DreamsOfYarn sent me a picture of. It's very pretty.

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s272/SouthernJudy/DSC00220.jpg