Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

• 2 weeks later...

Here is progress on one of the RR i've started. This one is actually a re-do blankie for my youngest stepdaughter...i have now fell in love with RRs. The circle to square blanket pattern i was using was just too wonky.

The scrap RR I started is on hold until i get caught up on some of these others :lol

post-17735-135897626053_thumb.jpg

Here is progress on one of the RR i've started. This one is actually a re-do blankie for my youngest stepdaughter...i have now fell in love with RRs. The circle to square blanket pattern i was using was just too wonky.

The scrap RR I started is on hold until i get caught up on some of these others :lol

Love th ebright colors!

Thats really pretty....love the colors in it! What border did you use? I need to find something for the one I'm working on.

Thanks!

The border is one Crochet Dad (here) shared. I forget what he called it.:think

sc, 2 dc - all in same st.

sk 2 stitches, repeat. In the peaks make 3 dc and I just played with the spacing before and after the peaks so it lay flat...trial and error for me. In the valley I skipped 3 stitches to keep it laying nice. Again, whatever works, which is my normal approach to hooking:lol.

These are all so beautiful... they make me want to try one and I swore I'd never do another afghan (except squares) as I get bored so easily. :P I showed my mom thinking she would love the star design but was shocked when she liked Crochet Dad's claret and black one the best. It just sounds soooo hard with 4 strands of yarn!

These are all so beautiful... they make me want to try one and I swore I'd never do another afghan (except squares) as I get bored so easily. :P I showed my mom thinking she would love the star design but was shocked when she liked Crochet Dad's claret and black one the best. It just sounds soooo hard with 4 strands of yarn!

Ouch - sounds like a Q hook. Thise are hard on my hands unless I take frequent breaks...though the look is always amazing!

They all look so nice! :cheer

Judy ~ I love your color combo and the size of the stripes! :yay

Thanks...I've made RRs for years and with each one I am always learning how best to arrange the colors.

Thanks!

The border is one Crochet Dad (here) shared. I forget what he called it.:think

sc, 2 dc - all in same st.

sk 2 stitches, repeat. In the peaks make 3 dc and I just played with the spacing before and after the peaks so it lay flat...trial and error for me. In the valley I skipped 3 stitches to keep it laying nice. Again, whatever works, which is my normal approach to hooking:lol.

Judy - it's beautiful.

Yea, that's the way I do it too - whatever works. I've seen that stitch combination referred to as the sedge stitch. I really like it. I've also used a modified version which makes it easier to end the corners/valleys in the right spot:

sc, dc in same st, sk 1, repeat.

Edited by CrochetDad

Ouch - sounds like a Q hook. Thise are hard on my hands unless I take frequent breaks...though the look is always amazing!

Thanks...I've made RRs for years and with each one I am always learning how best to arrange the colors.

I used an S hook (19 mm) for the 4 strands.

Link to original post:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showpost.php?p=1557366&postcount=3257

Judy - it's beautiful.

Yea, that's the way I do it too - whatever works. I've seen that stitch combination referred to as the sedge stitch. I really like it. I've also used a modified version which makes it easier to end the corners/valleys in the right spot:

sc, dc in same st, sk 1, repeat.

Thanks for the compliment...and the info for the valley!

I used an S hook (19 mm) for the 4 strands.

Link to original post:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showpost.php?p=1557366&postcount=3257

That is gorgeous!! But my hands just couldn't handle that S hook. I made a blended, 2 str Homespun RR, but that didn't even need a Q hook.

here is the other RR i finished last sunday...this is Bernat jacquards Berries n Cream...

I love that! What a pretty color combination! I have to try one with this kind of yarn! I have only done them with separate colors. I just got done sewing in all the ends on one afghan for my granddaughter. She picked 6 colors & wanted it striped. So, the thought of using a self-patterned yarn is EXTRA appealing to me right now!