Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

Just discovered the RR and think I may be "hooked". Started a Spiderman RR for one of my grandsons last night. Can't wait until I can sit and crochet this afternoon.

Here are two round ripples I finished last month. I just had a chance to take pictures this morning. Please excuse my poor photography skills! lol

They are both lapghan-sized.

DSCF0675.jpg

DSCF0672.jpg

Those are so pretty!!!

Everyone's RR's are just beautiful. Great job everyone :clap:clap

Here is my latest RR (number 22). It was done with Sugar 'N Cream yarn using my size I Susan Bates Bamboo Handle hook.

I don't usually make my RR's in one color only, but the white I had just didn't look right, so it is my smallest RR.

I wasn't sure who would be getting this one, but it now has a home. A friend is attending a baby shower this weekend and knew I made the RR's, so she asked me if I could make one in pastel colors. I told her I had a small one already done, so she is buying this one for the shower.

Here is my pastel RR:

th_BabyPastelRR.jpg

clickable

Hi Mel, Good to see you. I really like your RR.

Mel...how pretty that RR turned out. I was debating how one would look made all in a varigated or ombre yarn and now I see it's just stunning! Great job and great timing with the making of it!

Thank you everyone for the kind words.

I love making ghans with cotton, and the RR's turn out very nice in cotton.

I'm heading off to Florida tomorrow and I am hoping to make another cotton one while I am down there. This may be my last vacation for a while, since the Doctor wants to do surgery on both my back and my neck......have to think long and hard about that one.

Great RR, what pattern did you use? Can we see the other 21? I am starting a database of styles since I have abandoned my normal Granny squares and have fell in LOVE with RRs. I have tons of stash to get through.

BTW, don't you just LOVE the bamboo handle hook? I have the entire line, but am partial to the G and H which Ihave 3 each.

I use the Sew On Fire Pattern.

Most RR patterns are basically the same, with the main difference being the number of large and small shells. I have found it lays flattest doing 2 large and 1 small.

My RR's can be seen at photobucket. The link is in my siggy.

Yes, I love my entire set of bamboo hooks, and they are going to Florida with me. I just received my first Brittany wood hook and love it, but I will be leaving that at home so nothing happens to it.

See everyone when I get back!!

Thank you everyone for the kind words.

I love making ghans with cotton, and the RR's turn out very nice in the number of large and small shells. I have found it lays flattest doing 2 large and 1 small.

My RR's can be seen at photobucket. The link is in my siggy.

Thanks Mel, for putting the number of rounds,inches, and yarn used on your photos.Now if I could get the row count for each color..... I'd be in RR heaven. :c9

1A019.jpg

okay so other than a border there's the finished RR

haven't decided wether to crab stitch, sc or do some shells on the points

right now it's measuring about 31 inches between the points - so I guess that's okay, yes?

1A019.jpg

right now it's measuring about 31 inches between the points - so I guess that's okay, yes?

The measurements sound good to me.

I like the rev sc as a border...but it's whatever you feel like doing...

It looks great! I like how the colors are accents with the white. You did a wonderful job:clap

1A019.jpg

That is so pretty, who ever recieves it is going to be so happy :)

thanks everyone - very proud of my first attempt - I can see how they are so easily addicting

and I LOVE the dishcloths...

what did they work up in...like 45 seconds!

How many rounds?

Cotton yarn?

Rev SC edging ?

I've got a draw full of cotton yarn to bust.

They worked up in... probably about 15-30 minutes, and yes, it is cotton. I don't like working with cotton 'cause it hurts my fingers, so it takes me longer.

It was about 5-6 rounds, the edge is just a sc RRSS around, though a rev sc might would've looked better... *ponders for another*

Uhm.. actually, a modification of Lyns.

Basically, instead of the valley being to skip the 2 dc, I did a sc tog in the first round, then the following, took the bottom three in the valley and did a hdc tog in those.

I didn't think that all those holes would make a nice dish cloth.

I have recently finished 2 rr's, the 1st one was for my sister, but now it's in the gift box as the colours I used will no longer go with her bedroom colour scheme as she has decided to change them.

Roughly 46" at widest point, in beige, cream and green, 4.5mm hook, 12 point.

The second is one I made for me and the furbabies, wasn't a planned project, just got the idea late at night.

Using 2 strands of yarn kinda like the van gough balnkets, lilac and white, not sure on the hook size as it's not marked and it was a gift. Proberly between an 8mm and 10mm.

Roughly 6 1/2 foot at widest point, 11 points (made a mistake in the 1st few rows, but didn't notice till it was too late to change).

Need to take some photo's, want to take a pic of the big rr on the lawn, but it has been raining foe days.

Have another one planned, but wanna clear up some other projects b4 I start it, gonna be a gothic rr, kinda like the spiderman rr.

I have recently finished 2 rr's, the 1st one was for my sister, but now it's in the gift box as the colours I used will no longer go with her bedroom colour scheme as she has decided to change them.

Roughly 46" at widest point, in beige, cream and green, 4.5mm hook, 12 point.

You can always donate it to Sissie at Lapghans for Seniors here at the 'ville. She is collecting 100 lapghhans by Christmas 08.

Photo's of my completed RR's, measured them again and have different sizes:lol

Lilac and white 79 1/2"

purplewhiterr.jpg

Green, Beige & Cream 46"

rrgcb.jpg

Was gonna take a photo with the smaller one on top of the big one, but never got around to it.

Roxy -- very pretty ripples! Is your lilac one a double-strand? I like the white round in the center of your varigated/mixed rounds.

I started another with RHSS watercolors, or maybe it is waterlilies, as the center. I have a couple shades of green lurking in my stash, so I'll use those and make this a lapghan for a dear friend of mine who is not feeling well these days.

Still working on the rr for my son, but it is getting big and HOT.