"Baby Blue" - Blanket for Baby Boy

Trinket

I'm STILL trying to work through all that baby yarn I found a couple weeks back! :lol Even though I've done two blankets with it, I'm still not even halfway through it all... :blink

This time, I made a blanket for a baby boy out of some of the blue colored yarn that I have. Here's what developed:

babyblue2.jpg

This is a close up of the stitching:

babyblueclose.jpg

I liked doing this one. I thought that it was a lot of fun, and it produces a pretty result. I could have done without having to use the kind of yarn that I did for the trimming, though. It was a little too bulky and thick, so it doesn't really match up in texture to the afghan's body.

The yarn I used was Bernat Softee Baby yarn in Baby Denim Marl for the body, and Bernat Baby Coordinates in white for the trim.

I got the free pattern from this page. My edging didn't turn out as pretty as the one from the pattern, though. I think it was the yarn I was using...

Thanks, everybody! :hook

You know, while I was working on it, I was tempted to stop where I was, because it had become the perfect size for a scarf! I think this kind of stitching would make lovely looking scarves and shawls as well as blankets! :D

I love that stitch. Thank you for sharing the link. I have some of that yarn in my stash too. I have it in pink, blue denim, and white. I am making a blanket in the pink right now. My blue is for another project though. Was it a quick pattern? I'm all for that when it comes to afghans.

Was it a quick pattern?

I felt like it was. I tend to sit and crochet for hours at a time, so it only took me the span of about 3 days to finish it up.

Archived