Anyone Neglect Housework?

have a bad tendency to find something that interests me and become totally absorbed by it and I neglect alot of the day to day things that need doing. I've always been this way!

Oh my gosh - you just described ME to a "T". I hate that I am like this. lol

I have a bad tendency to find something that interests me and become totally absorbed by it and I neglect alot of the day to day things that need doing. I've always been this way! Then I get bored and things even out a bit. Either that or my husband has a hissy fit and then I have to get things done or he just sulks about the house! I find it frustrating anyway because the kids always undo the work I've just done!

Mandy

You sound a lot like me. I don't have any kids however I do have a husband:laughroll who I love very dearly but is not very neat. I am ADD so his way makes my way worse meaning I can get lazy and not keep things neat too. :eek I am a lot better in organizing and putting things away than I used to but definitely not a neat freak.

I tend to neglect housework some, but mostly it's SCHOOLwork that gets neglected with me!!

Not so much this next month....the last 3 weeks of the semester, which I refer to as "crunch time". So much school work/papers/projects/exams it makes me nautious just thinking about it!! :worried

ROFL.....:haha:laughroll :laughroll :rofl . Schoolwork must be a pain in the hoo-ha. My mom is a school teacher and the times she gets migrains is when she does the ciriculum and student testing. I know how you feel.

Well, this post really hit close to home. My house is so bad I'm thinking about running away. I have a back injury and housework is difficult enough to begin with. Running the vacuum and dusting in my living room alone wipes me out for a couple days and if I move any furniture, forget it, I'm out for three or four days. So for me it's not really so much an issue of choosing housework over crochet or vice versa, it's that I can't do much of it anyway and I'm stuck really close to home because of the injury so I crochet all the time. Crochet is my saving grace at this point, the one thing that keeps me learning and growing and sane in this house alone.

Norma

Norma,

Could you possibly afford a maid? My MIL has issues with her back and found a maid who is fairly reasonable. Just a thought.

yup sounds like me! what is housework anyways (HAHA) with two birds and 5 furry animals its very hard to keep up. of course i can't do laundry because the clean cloths get covered with fur, then you add the 2 kids and husband and its a lost cause!!!! i usually get fed up with it all and go on a rampage.

You could collect all that fur, spin it and make yarn for yourself. I have actually heard people do that. :lol

Living alone there's no one to complain! I figure if the paths are clear I'm doing my job.

And if it gets REALLY REALLY bad, Chocolate Heals All Wounds.

um.....totally! Although my mom tried to instill good housekeeping skills in me, they just didn't take! And my husband isn't much better. We clean as little as possible...that's why friends aren't allow in specific rooms.

I try to neglect housework as much as possible and for long as possible. But then I invite people over so that I have to clean!!!! Cleaning is a thankless job - it just gets dirty all over again and again and again - :think

I tell people when they are coming over. I have a cat and I do alot of crafts. Feel free to use the shovel by the front door if you can't get in!! Must be my friends don't care, they keep coming back!!

I used to be so tidy before I found crochet :hook Then I was also very uptight about the house being neat now I don't care really as long as we have clothes to wear & clean dishes to eat off of :lol

Archived