Anyone Neglect Housework?

having an addiction of crochet AND the internet is a dangerous thing!! lol

although i hate house work so i'm sure i would found something else to keep me from it...hehe

I don't always neglect it, but there are times especially if I am trying to finish a project for a deadline that everything else gets forgotten about. I do like to have things a certain way before I can sit down and relax with my crochet. I can't do that if I am sitting in a mess, lol. But everything doesn't have to be perfect, just done enough so that I don't feel guilty about not getting things done.

I'm good at keeping things OK. For example, the kitchen is usually clear of spills and dirty dishes and things like that, but I wouldn't eat off the floor and you might have to move the mail off the table to have supper.....

I just don't like cleaning in general though.

This weekend I snapped though and spent a good chunk of time Saturday CLEANING about half the apartment. The second half is on the list for this weekend.

So yes, I use just about any excuse I can to not have to actually clean... (Althugh DH does a lot of the cleaning too...)

I only neglect a couple of rooms, on purpose. These rooms are where hubby keeps his paperwork, books, documents, ect, all scattered. He will have to clean that up, so he will know where which document was put.

Me. Of course I can find other things to do instead of cleaning. :hook But I do it. And if there's a long weekend, MOnday I'm rested enough to do some thorough cleaning. Of course there are days when I can purge (and need to).

Debbi

Duh..........:D

'Fraid so!:blush

Keep the laundry done and that is about it lately!!!!:manyheart

Thank goodness dh understands! :hug

Yes, I can neglect things. :blush

But then, there are times I put down the crocheting for days at a time to do something that needs to be done, so I think it all evens out in the end.

My SO NEVER complains, so I'm fortunate.

:devil

yup sounds like me! what is housework anyways (HAHA) with two birds and 5 furry animals its very hard to keep up. of course i can't do laundry because the clean cloths get covered with fur, then you add the 2 kids and husband and its a lost cause!!!! i usually get fed up with it all and go on a rampage.

I'm good at keeping things OK. For example, the kitchen is usually clear of spills and dirty dishes and things like that, but I wouldn't eat off the floor and you might have to move the mail off the table to have supper.....

I just don't like cleaning in general though.

This weekend I snapped though and spent a good chunk of time Saturday CLEANING about half the apartment. The second half is on the list for this weekend.

So yes, I use just about any excuse I can to not have to actually clean... (Althugh DH does a lot of the cleaning too...)

House work what is that:think I do enough to get by, most call first so I have time to do a quick pick up and bathroom check so I will not be :blush. But I always have time to :hook. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Once I pick up my crochet I totally forget about everything else. Then 4:00 comes around and I have forgotten to do Laundry or other cleaning. Anybody else have this problem.

Housework? whats that?:laughroll

the dishes and the laundry are the only things that are regualy kept up. when i feel guiltly about crocheting and igorning the houswork i will pick a day when i'm off and super clean. the only problem is this only happens every so often

having an addiction of crochet AND the internet is a dangerous thing!! lol

although i hate house work so i'm sure i would found something else to keep me from it...hehe

Yeah, that!! ^^^

:laptop + :hook(me) = :rant:thair (dh)

Yes, I can neglect things. :blush

But then, there are times I put down the crocheting for days at a time to do something that needs to be done, so I think it all evens out in the end.

My SO NEVER complains, so I'm fortunate.

:devil

I'm with you here. I do neglect, at times, both. Just never both at the same time. :lol

Only my DH doesn't quite understand. But he lets me get away with it anyway.:devil Got-A-Love that!

I tend to neglect housework some, but mostly it's SCHOOLwork that gets neglected with me!!

Not so much this next month....the last 3 weeks of the semester, which I refer to as "crunch time". So much school work/papers/projects/exams it makes me nautious just thinking about it!! :worried

I have a bad tendency to find something that interests me and become totally absorbed by it and I neglect alot of the day to day things that need doing. I've always been this way! Then I get bored and things even out a bit. Either that or my husband has a hissy fit and then I have to get things done or he just sulks about the house! I find it frustrating anyway because the kids always undo the work I've just done!

Mandy

Well, this post really hit close to home. My house is so bad I'm thinking about running away. I have a back injury and housework is difficult enough to begin with. Running the vacuum and dusting in my living room alone wipes me out for a couple days and if I move any furniture, forget it, I'm out for three or four days. So for me it's not really so much an issue of choosing housework over crochet or vice versa, it's that I can't do much of it anyway and I'm stuck really close to home because of the injury so I crochet all the time. Crochet is my saving grace at this point, the one thing that keeps me learning and growing and sane in this house alone.

Norma

Archived