comfortghan for wounded soldier/ cousin of ours

mythunderbird

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm working on my first square. Are the squares supposed to be solid color edged in white? Or can the squares have more than one color and then edged in white?

laurie you can make them anyways you want, but would like to have it edged with the white.but its fine any way you want to make them thanks again, i have yours done and will send tomorrow:hug:hugthanks again

today got squares from appy_lover and also clueless, thanks ladies you are both awesome i love the squares and its going to be soooo nice with all of your squares, the best part is it is made with care and richard will be very supriosed so many people do care. thanks again my friends :manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

thanks you guys will be watching for them then :hug:hug:hug got squares some packages today but have to wait to list who since hubby is sleeping and the info is in our room. thanks again for all of your help, you guys are awesome:hug:hug:hug

My husband is a veteran of the first Gulf War, and one of my co-workers has a son in the Stryker Brigade out of Ft. Lewis. I think comfort-ghans are a wonderful thing to create, and would be proud to send some squares for your cousin and his wife. Please PM your address.

My husband is a veteran of the first Gulf War, and one of my co-workers has a son in the Stryker Brigade out of Ft. Lewis. I think comfort-ghans are a wonderful thing to create, and would be proud to send some squares for your cousin and his wife. Please PM your address.
wow really? richard is in the striker brigade also out of ft lewis. not sure which one though. thanks sooo much will pm you my addy, thanks sooooo much:hug:hug

Vicki, what did you get in the mail today? I hope mine arrived as well as everyone else's that's traveling the U.S. mail!

:manyheart:hug

loopy yes sweetie i got yours as well as so many others lol now to list you all,leticia, yours came,,minwifeof4, yours came,pineknott, yours came,terry abahamsen, yours came, (whats your ville name?)crochetlady100, yours camescc51055, yours came,, and jmc crochet i have recieved from all of you wonderful kind women, you will make these kids very happy when they get the ghans, so far i have 105 sq and 2 12 and 3 10 in squares which i will make work somehow. thanks ya all for everything ya are doing for richard and sherrie:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

So glad you got mine Vicki (I fear that one out of control square is one of the 10-inchers you mentioned, sorry about that I don't know what happened but it happens EVERY time I do that pattern lol). I so can't wait to see these put together and I'm doing huge cheers that you're up to 105 :clap

Joyce

Vicki, you are the sweetie here to be doing all this work putting these afghans together for Richard and Sherrie. God bless you!

I don't think it's something I could accomplish...to put together squares from so many different crocheters. I was just sitting here crocheting one and wondering how you put them together when they're bound to have different numbers of stitches on the ending rows. It's gotta be a hard job but a real labor of love!

I'm so glad you got mine!

without you all i could not have done any of it, the real thanks goes to all of you who have sent squares and donated your time and money to make this happen. god bless all of you:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

Vicki, you are the sweetie here to be doing all this work putting these afghans together for Richard and Sherrie. God bless you!

I don't think it's something I could accomplish...to put together squares from so many different crocheters. I was just sitting here crocheting one and wondering how you put them together when they're bound to have different numbers of stitches on the ending rows. It's gotta be a hard job but a real labor of love!

I'm so glad you got mine!

i wanted to make it with 80 squares as that makes a nice size ghan but am afraid i might have to make it a bit smaller. i can use more squares if you would like to help more:D:D, not that you have to or anything, cause you already have helped so much but i can use more to make it this size, otherwise will make it smaller so they both have one:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart thanks loopy your a doll:manyheart

i have at least 2 more people sending but not sure how many they are sending, i know one is sending one which is great too even one helps alot. i am thinking i might need to reduce the size to 60 that way i can make it happen soon. not sure how much longer richard will be home, he is feeling some better and you know the military

well nuff said about that lol. i am a little suprised they are sending him back there with the injurys he has:eek:eek:think:think

Archived