comfortghan for wounded soldier/ cousin of ours

mythunderbird

hi ya all, i am asking if some of you want to help me, i found out today, that my cousins hubby who is in the army was injured a couple weeks ago from a roadside bomb, one of the men in his unit was killed and he was injured really bad. he has a broken jaw, and several other things that are all messed up, he broke his cheek bone too. i am asking that if you want to help to please pm me and i will make this for him. richard is a sweet kid and this would mean the world to him if i could do this, i know i could do it alone but it would mean alot more to him if others helped, his wife is my hubbys cousins dd and is the sweetest girl i know. if youwant to help let me know alright? thanks soooo much my friends in advance:hug :hug

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i am thinking bright primary colors, something cheerful and edged with white and i will put them together with white. simole soft yarn i would love to have but if you don't have any thats alright too. as for size i am thinking 8 inches would be a nice size. he is not a really tall man but i want to make it big enough so if he wants to he can wrap himself up in it. i think it would be about 80 squares total, that sounds about right to me thanks for wanting to help:hug :hug

i will be more than happy to send a few squares. I'm a total beginner, i just bought a book of squars ive been trying to get too for the past few days...hehe

I will send some squares also. I have some Simply Soft Brights in blue mint, and this sounds like a good reason to get some of the other bright colors I have been eyeing! I'll PM you for the address when I have them ready.

Ummmmm, what is simole yarn? I would love to send a few squares.

:blush:blush:blush simply soft hehe, sorry my spelling when in a hurry is bad lol thanks alot everyone will answer your pms soon, also will pm those who asked me you guys are the best :hug:hug:hug he is going to appreicate this soo much :manyheart:manyheart

i found out a little more today, about his injuries, he had all of his upper teeth knocked out, his nose was broken in 3 places, his cheek and jaw both broken and his eardrum has been perferated. they don't know yet if they will be able to save his hearing or not. please pray for him if you believe in prayer or send good thoughts, he is sooo depressed right now, he was the leader and because he had a man killed on his watch he is beside himself. of course we know its no way his fault but he feels he should have been able to do more. so any thing ya can do will be great. as i said prayers if you believe or even just well wishes. thanks soooo much you guys are the best, what would i do without you all:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

i found out a little more today, about his injuries, he had all of his upper teeth knocked out, his nose was broken in 3 places, his cheek and jaw both broken and his eardrum has been perferated. they don't know yet if they will be able to save his hearing or not. please pray for him if you believe in prayer or send good thoughts, he is sooo depressed right now, he was the leader and because he had a man killed on his watch he is beside himself. of course we know its no way his fault but he feels he should have been able to do more. so any thing ya can do will be great. as i said prayers if you believe or even just well wishes. thanks soooo much you guys are the best, what would i do without you all:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

I've seen ear drum perforations repaired with a procedure called a tympanoplasty. This can be done with tissue removed from the bony area behind the ear, or with a prosthetic piece to create another ear drum. Definitely worth checking in to. (link: http://www.healthline.com/galecontent/tympanoplasty )

But FIRST he needs to heal from his other injuries before he could consider that.

Also, maybe the men in his unit would be interested in sending notes or a card(s) to him?

And maybe show the support expressed here?

:hug

thank you sooo much for that info. i will be sure and tell him. since yesterday i have told him that he is going to be getting a nice suprise when he gets something that people from all around the nation are making and sending to me to put together. he was like in awe that so many people cared. i will for sure pass on all the comments that people send for him, i will ask sherrie his wife if maybe she can contact the unit and see if they could do that. thats a great idea, thanks again for your well wishes:hug:hug:hug

I lost my brother in Iraq on 8/4/06. I would like to send some squares. what is your deadline?

charlene, i am sooooo sorry for your loss sweetie. i can not imagine how hard that must be for you. i would be honored to have your help, i will pm you with the info. please accept my deepest condolenses:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Or also, when giving him the comfortghan, print out and attach this thread to it? (along with a box of tissues)

great idea, i will do that:manyheart:manyheart

I constantly read of soldiers' passing in the war on terror. It touches me incredibly deeply and I am proud to be able to contribute to this effort. I so wish there was more I could do. I hope your cousin's hubby knows how much what he and his men and others have done is so very appreciated.

I don't have simply soft but would love to make some squares. Just primary colors in 8 inch block? no special patterns? PM me your address please? Thanks!

thanks soo much shadow, i greatly appreciate what your doing to help also, yes primary colors 8 in sq. pming you now, thank you all for your kindness in showing this sweet young man that others care about him, i am going to take that suggestion and print this postings out when i give him the comfortghan. thank you all of you your the best:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

kathy, thank you sooo much for helping. i will certainly do that, it will help him cheer up i know, you guys are the greatest. thanks are not enough:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

I would be honored to send a couple squares to you. Please send him our best wishes and let him know how much we appreciate his sacrifices. I'll be praying for him, his men, and thier families.

Kelly

Archived