Patons Classic Merino Wool

JPorter718

Does anybody know if they sell Patons Classic Merino Wool in the JoAnn's stores, or just from the website?

(I want to try my hand at a felted handbag and I'm looking for the best felting wool out there!)

I wish I had a JoAnn's Superstore around here, all we have are the regular JoAnn's. There is a Superstore in Orlando but we haven't been back up there for awhile now :grumpy

Our stores here have a pitiful selection up here and Patons isn't one of them. I always wondered if you could ask them to order something for you if it was online but not in the store. I've never asked though. It may be worth calling them up and asking. It certainly wouldn't hurt to call your local store to see if they stock your yarn before you go all the way over there.

Guest mishakitty78

Neither does mine. We *just* got Patons melody, voodoo and evita. And we only had one color of the voodoo until last week. We seem to be getting in more and more very slowly - maybe this is something that's true for all JA stores?

Herrschnerr's sells that yarn though I don't know how the price compares to other places. There is a Free Shipping offer (on a $25 purchase) going on right now though, through the end of December. My catalog says Please Mention Code 3 to receive this offer.

Thanks everybody for your advice.

I ended up driving to Orlando yesterday for a hair appointment (yes yes yes, I go from Ft. Lauderdale to Orlando just for my hair and nails) boy I can't wait to move back there next July... anyways, I stopped at the JoAnn's Superstore (which we don't have any superstores in Ft. Lauderdale) and I WAS IN HEAVEN!! So many different yarns that I haven't seen at the regular JoAnn's, and so many books!! I could have spent all afternoon there but I had to make the trip back to the apartment.

My point: yes there is a point... hehe

I was able to find the Patons Classic Merino Wool, and I bought a light blue color (they only had 5 skeins in that color) and that was exactly what I wanted! It was not on sale (oh well) but it was $5.99 each.

Also, since I was in heaven, I couldn't leave without something else, so I bought some Homespun since it was on sale for $3.99 a skein! Wow, I bought 6 skeins so I can make my friend an afghan with my giant Q-hook (which I ordered one from Bill at Turn-of-the-Century... I can't wait for it to come in!)

Thanks again everybody!

Archived