My moment of Brilliance! Storage!

Tapanga

So I got sick and tired of having a little bag for all my hooks, a bigger bag for all my odds and ends (things I don't use as often like pom-pom makers, extra hooks etc) and then a new bag for the hubby's knitting needles and then on top of all that my new "babies", my ToTC crochet hooks. So my solution!

I remembered a Caboodle I had in the storage closet. This thing is about 10 years old and used to house my various beauty products in high school.

I think they still make them.

So check it out! It has all these layers, and little dividers and enough space for all of it! Even my new Walnut hook case AND all the long knitting needles! And the best part?! My two little ones haven't a clue as to how to open it!!!

Caboodle.jpg

I actually have [so far] two fishing tackle boxes that I use for all the odds and ends I need while creating my crocheting.

I don't sew much, but I also have my buttons and threads stashed in one of them.

I foresee another in my future before too long.

I pick them up when they are on clearance and have used my first one for years.

:devil

I never thought about tackle boxes!! They are the same darn thing as Caboodles! Well...in not so girly colors :)

Where were you when I was banging head over where to put all my junk?! Ok, so my brilliance only blinded me. *sigh* Its the usual way of it! heheh

I havnt heard the word caboodle in so long, thanks for bring back that great memory. i wish i still had mine, what a great idea.

My daughter had one for all her little dolly stuff. It worked well. Now, if only I didn't get rid of it at a garage sale!:lol She's now 16 and into driving and boys.

Maybe a tackle box should be on my next shopping list, along with the replacement crockpot (I put it on a plastic cutting board and it melted onto it and my countertop!):(

The caboodle is a great idea. Do they still make them?

:manyheart

that is an awesome idea....any thoughts on something similar that could store crochet hooks AS WELL AS knitting needles? I would love to have something that could fit them all!

The one I have is full sized. It fits the knitting needles on the bottom and on the top my crochet hooks fit perfectly. The top drawer has a lift out tray and I have all my aluminum hooks under there. I am just happy its all in one place and that my daughter's can't open it! I was getting tired of losing my hooks and gadgets to little hands.

If you go looking at tackle boxes, there are ALL kinds of colors now, for girls! My daughter requested a tackle box for her one birthday (she likes to fish) and she received 3 of them. We use the spare ones for beads and ribbons and stuff for bracelet-making. They're ALL cute girlie colors.

:D

Tackle box is a great idea. I use a bead box for buttons, beads and such. I have a few hook rolls and I keep those with my other larger gadgets in a hat box type container I got with a pajamagram gift. I keep my yarn in zipper bags that comforters and curtains come in as well as those fold up hampers. Right now I feel like everything is all over the place and disorganized. I think it's that time of the year, Spring Fever, I welcome anything to organize my life!

Archived