Did you know???

LanetteG

I'm working on a poncho in RH Amore in Red Velvet( I just love:)h the color and the yarn:bounce ). I bought it at MIchael's when it was on sale so I paid around $4 a skein for it. But I was at Walmart yesterday adn they have RH Plush in Red and it's the exact SAME THING!:eek2 And it was about $3.88 a skein. I noticed that the plush also comes in a varigated blue green that I also have in the Amore. Why the heck would Red Heart make the same yarn, put it under 2 different names and charge less for one??:shrug

Just wondering

Lanette:flake

Thanks for the info,

I did a poncho with the Amore yarn in hot pink, it was just so wonderful to work and I got many great comments for it... I gave it to a girlfriend as an early Christmas present and she started wearing it right away. I made up the pattern from the <a href="http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art24740.asp" target="_new">Asymmetric Poncho</a> from Bella Online. I got the same price at Michaels (4$), I thought it was a great deal because it took only two skeins to make the poncho. They don't have any left at my store that is probably why they discounted it. End of line...

Are you sure that it is the same quality? I might just drop by Walmart to see if I can get that plush.

I purchased some RH Plush at Walmart for a $1 each on clearance. I later found out that RH no longer makes that and has discontinued it. They now make Amore which is not as "plush" as Plush. I purchased the verigated Amore to match the two Plush I got in order to make a hooded scarf. The texture is a bit different but should work up together fine, thougth I would do a row of solid - Plush, row of verigated - Amore, and a row of solid, to mix it up so it won't be noticable.

I finished my poncho today and I have held it in a couple different lights and cannot tell the difference between the two. They can't discontinue it! I love that stuff:)h

Everytime I find something I like that happens:tryme Hopefully they will keep making the color atleast. It's beautiful!

Lanette:flake

The lady at a LYS says, "there are only so many yarn manufactures" meaning that one factory makes the same yarn and sells it to different companies.

I heard that JoAnns has their own label yarn and is the same as some of the Lion Brand yarn.

Archived