Tetris Afghan

SheriB626

Anyone who's been keeping up with the Tetris afghan crochet-along knows that I've been spending 3 weeks working on one to give to my boyfriend for his birthday. Well, I finished it and gifted it to him and he LOVES it, as do I (I'm sad I have to give it away, but that's how it is with gift-giving). Since this is my first big project, I felt that I just had to share it with you guys. I'm so excited about it!

TetrisAfghanFinalsmall.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow what a giant!! you've done an amazing job, and very carefully placed all your shapes to truly resemble the game. well done, you should feel so proud (and at least it is bf getting it, so you still get to see it and admire it, and show it off!! lol)

Thanks so much, everyone!

Wowie! :eek How big is it? It looks giant!

I really love this. I'm gonna have to go check over there at the CAL to see what's happening. :)

Well, the squares are a little over 4" each, so I planned on it being 6' long, but once they were all made and connected, they definitely were taller than that -- to give you an idea, my boyfriend is 6'4" and he has to hold it up over his head so it won't touch the ground!

If that is not the most manly afghan, I don't know what is! It can sometimes be hard to find a pattern (or yarn) that would be suitable for a man. Tetris is a perfect motif for crochet. I'll keep that in the back of my mind for the next gift. Thanks for sharing.

I LOVE Tetras:bheart! That is the coolest thing I have seen in a long time!:tup How did I manage to miss this CAL:shrug? Anyway, what pattern was used to make it,:think or did you gus just make squares and then put them together any which way?:thinkIt is soooooo cool! :applause

Archived