Favorite??  

945 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite??

• Afghans
    • Wearables
    • Toys
    • Thread
    • Misc.

I like to make anything with yarn...lol I've gone from afghans to thread doilies. I like to make gifts for others. If I find a pattern that I like, you guessed it I'll crochet it. :hook

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

I like afghans, but i also like the smaller projects, for instant gratification, ha ha, and love to donate them to worthy causes, such as chemo caps, baby hats, booties, granny square this or that, scarves, shawls, slippers,pot holders, wall decorations, etc. Right now, Im inbetween things,,,,,uh oh, any ideas anyone?? lol

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I love the finished results of afghans, but the time spent on them sometimes drives me crazy. Hence the two different afghans partially finished and a third waiting for tails to be weaved. One of the partials is a very simple dc 1, ch1 pattern. the other i'm doing hdc but im doing an occasional row that's different (and noticeably different). I think that's why neither one is getting done fast enough, they are too boring to crochet!

I think I just need to stick to pieced afghans so that I can do small pieces at a time.

I also have been having fun with some freeform pieces lately, which I'm looking at turning into a gift possibly.

Anything that isn't for myself lol. If I'm making something that I know is for someone else then I can whip it out no problem for myself it just sits in a drawer collecting dust.

I've got 2 baby blanket to make shortly for sil's. I think those are my favorite to make for others.

I like making doilies, afghans, baby afghans, dishclothes, and other misc. items in both yarn and thread. I don't make wearables, except the occasional hat or scarf.

• 1 month later...

I love amigurumi just now, I can make one in 2 or 3 hours! I love doing things that have a quick outcome as I get bored of things easily! Beanies are another thing I like to do too. My hubby asked me to make a bright orange one for climbing and now all his buddies want one.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Toys are the best... the joy in a child's eyes when they get something made for them that they can play with is not equaled, but since I can crochet while at work I do lap afghans that do not require constantly checking the pattern. The diagonal stripe is my favorite afghan pattern, running the yarn up the side when changing colors means no knots to come un-tied.

I love making toys and hats for my kids and afghans to donate. Also end up making a lot of scarves because I do not know what else to do with the random yarns in my stash.

• 1 month later...

I love making hats! I'm the only person I know who really likes to wear them, so I'm going to have to start donating.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived