Favorite??  

945 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite??

• Afghans
    • Wearables
    • Toys
    • Thread
    • Misc.

Oh boy. Anything thread for me. From doilies to dresses and everything in between. I even like the really small thread. (like size 50 and above)

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I seem to alternate between wearables (which can be out of yarn or thread) and thread. I love making doilies, edgings (which end up going into wearables of the sewing kind) things for the home out of thread...I do still make afghans, love to make toys and other odds and ends...but I think my first two loves are wearables and thread work.

I love to make wearables....even something I now I'll never wear myself!:manyheart I love to make shawls and ponchos. Shrugs and jackets are fun too. I make scarves when I want to make something quick and I have yet to make a hat that turned out well but I'll get there....:cheer

Kim

My favorite things to crochet are slippers and baby blankets. Things I hate to crochet are adult sweaters. But the top number one thing I will not do anymore concerning crochet is stitching together granny squares.

I enjoy making the squares but Hate putting them together. :no

My favorite things to crochet are slippers and baby blankets. Things I hate to crochet are adult sweaters. But the top number one thing I will not do anymore concerning crochet is stitching together granny squares.

Hi Linda!

Have you seen that really cute Bunny Slipper Pattern in the Happy Hooker Book by Debbie Stoller?! (pg.234)

I love to make toys - I crocheted dinosaurs for my boys when they were small. The dinos were about 18" tall, and they really loved them. I've made dolls and doll furniture, teddies and stuffed animals, and catnip toys.

Next on the favorites list would be baby items, I think.

I have only made a two granny square afghans, and both were join as you go patterns. I like having an afghan when I'm finished crocheting, not a 5 foot high stack of squares! :lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have different favorites at different times. For awhile it was mainly sweaters and cardigans, now it seems to be afghans. Three months from now it might be toys, who knows. I'm not much into thread crochet because it seems to hurt my fingers, but I've done some in the past and still have some pretty things I did a few years ago. I've always wanted to make a bedspread or tablecloth with thread, but it would take me so long, I would probably die before it was finished.

:crochetingso far I've only tackled afghans, and I have a huge list of people who want first time ones, and a smaller list from daughters, mother and husband for #2.

I would LOVE to make those amiguramis and will begin to hunt for patterns after the holiday.

I checked Misc since I'm as usual all over the place. I tend to do caps, scarves, and dishcloths for instant gratification, but I managed to do two afghans for Christmas presents (a round ripple and a rectangular ripple). I prefer one-piece afghans because of dislike of the joining process too. I've strayed a bit into thread but have only squeezed out one bookmark, have also aborted two attempts at making a doily.

I would do wearables, but I just don't have the talent. All I've learned has been hard-won, not the result of any gene that I have!

I love making wearables...I like being able to make something that I know will fit me and that I can adjust for my idiosyncracies (like not wanting sleeves that are too long or tops that are too short, etc.).

Second favorite is afghans, but I'm really beginning to run out of people to make them for <LOL>.

I used to love thread crochet - mostly doiles - but my hands won't cooperate anymore. Now I use yarn and make whatever suits my fancy at the time. Have done an afghan, 5 hats, 2 scarves and a couple of toys in the couple of months. Hands are sore, but at least I can still crochet.

Archived