• Afghans
    • Wearables
    • Toys
    • Thread
    • Misc.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love crocheting afghans!!!:hook I haven't tried clothing yet but i'm planning a short jacket when my yarn comes in the mail soon. Afghans are just so fun to me I don't know why croching a big rectangle is fun.:lol I really want to try socks, but i'm just not brave enough yet.

I hope you enjoy when your yarn comes!! :mail

:jumpyay:dance

It is kinda like Christmas when I go get the mail.

Yesterday my Personalized Labels came!

the day before that, I received my Eyeballs (for amigurumi)!!

I just love it...

(*I have to try not to jump up & down --

so my neighbors don't have to worry that

they have a crazy person in the hood')

I had to click on the misc. because I like to do what ever catches my fancy at the time. I do make a lot of afghans, mostly for family gifts such as Christmas. I'm one of those people:eek that when I see a pattern on the internet, I just have to download it or buy it and when I get it, I usually don't start on it right away, so I file it. Then a few months later when I'm looking for something else, I find said pattern and I say to my self, Oh, I forgot about this pattern. I like to crochet little girl's purses, toys, hats, scarves, but mostly things for my kids or grandkids.

• 2 weeks later...

Good Rainy Afternoon,

Really rainy here. Makes me want to sleep. I love to crochet for others things to wear. Being selfish and doing some stuff for me: afghan, COLLARS, SHAWLS and a sweater or two.:clap

Mathwizard

I learned just recently doing afghans and I can't seem to break away from them. They're going to be great gifts for the wintertime here in Colorado. I just started my 4th one in less than 3 months, I'm hooked. :hook

I'm planning on learning how to make scrafs this summer to for Christmas gifts.

right now the order is baby wearable, afghans then doilies. i always seem to have at least 1 of each going...lol

nadine

Hi Jura!

I checked out your pictures...

I really loved your tabletop angel (1 of 8) and flying angel(8 of 8) were my favorites. Where did you find the tabletop-angel-pattern? I have never made a doily - would this angel be quite challenging for me??

and I loved your Rubber Ducky Afghan too! Really awesome!

For me it depends on my mood; but I always have a few pros going all the time.

I do lots of afghans, potholders/hotpads. Ornies, and and hmmmmm can't think of all rite now.

Most of my ghans are made with 2 to 4 strands at a time.... and potholders are made with either 2 or 3 strands of yarn at a time also.

I also do some barbie doll clothes not much anymore; but it was/is fun. I have my own wrap a round skirt that I designed about 33 yrs ago; and have shared it with many; I don't know about today but barbie never had a wrap a round .. lolol

Yarns are my fav to work with.

aztec-Judy,

I love that you use 2-4 strands of yarn at a time.

(I have done the 2 strands... and now will have to try the 4 strands!)

Its great how quickly things work up when you double the yarn!

or when you quadruple the yarn (although I haven't tried that yet!).

I love to make doilies, tablecloths anything with thread......I will do a little with yarn, but thread is my vise..

like vonnie, doilies and table cloths are my passion. it's just recently (february 2007) that I ventured into amigurumis. i love using thread for my projects.

like vonnie, doilies and table cloths are my passion. it's just recently (february 2007) that I ventured into amigurumis. i love using thread for my projects.

Oh Wow Susy! I didn't know that you did Doilies!

What kind of Tablecloths?

I know you are really great at the ami's -

I gotta try the doilies at some point,

as I have never even tried to make one before!

I understand that they are addictive!

Do you have a pattern for a beginner doily you would suggest?

yeah! I would gladly share you some of my projects. but my problem is, do we really have to make a new thread for our projects rather than posting it to an existing thread of the same topic? I'm confused. please enlighten me Lovely. thanks...

yeah! I would gladly share you some of my projects. but my problem is, do we really have to make a new thread for our projects rather than posting it to an existing thread of the same topic? I'm confused. please enlighten me Lovely. thanks...

Hi Susy,

I think that it is ok to do either?

If you start a new thread,

could you email me & tell me what it is called?

If it is Pics of your work, you could do a Show & Tell Thread.

If it is a pattern link, you could put it here or you could start a CAL...

lots of options.

:D

Archived