1. 1. Favorite??

• Afghans
    • Wearables
    • Toys
    • Thread
    • Misc.

01Buckler15, tell me -

Which Carebear did you do??

where would a Gal find the Carebear pattern?

Those are SOOOO cute!

They would be really terrific gifts too!

I have done the Good Luck Bear, Grumpy Bear, and Fushine Bear. You can find the books at places like Joann's, Hobby Lobby, Michael's, and Walmart too. Also at LeisureArts.com.

I used this pattern. Care Bears™ Crochet Characters

And here's another one done in thread. Care Bears™ Mini Bears to Crochet

I felt the nose and the heart on the bottom were to big so I made up some smaller ones. My kids like them, but my niece loves hers. She was one yr when I gave it to her so I used a permanent fabric marker for the eyes instead of felt.

I would love to see yours if you make one.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have done the Good Luck Bear, Grumpy Bear, and Fushine Bear. You can find the books at places like Joann's, Hobby Lobby, Michael's, and Walmart too. Also at LeisureArts.com.

I used this pattern. Care Bears™ Crochet Characters

And here's another one done in thread. Care Bears™ Mini Bears to Crochet

I felt the nose and the heart on the bottom were to big so I made up some smaller ones. My kids like them, but my niece loves hers. She was one yr when I gave it to her so I used a permanent fabric marker for the eyes instead of felt.

I would love to see yours if you make one.

Thanks for the Info!! I just love those! Too Cute!!

I would have never thought I would like crocheting toys but I love making teddy bears! I have grown children and no one to give them to I just like them sitting on shelves in my house! so unusual for me!

Shadow - Me too Me too... love making toys... they are cute & fun.

Filet is currently my obsessions. I should have clicked on wearables, oops, in addition to thread. I make the filet designs, then do simple open mesh to make them into long vests.

Gotta try that thread this week... hmmm, what should I make first?? Any suggestions my fellow threadies? (never made anything with thread before)

I must say afghans. I think my :c9 year old wanted to vote too, but I told her should couldn't just yet, but that we could share her opinion here. She may like afghans too when she finishes her current project! She is currently working on a granny square scrapghan in many bright and pretty colors. Her squares are 3x3 (very cute & little):lol . This will be her first afghan! :cheer

I must say afghans. I think my :c9 year old wanted to vote too, but I told her should couldn't just yet, but that we could share her opinion here. She may like afghans too when she finishes her current project! She is currently working on a granny square scrapghan in many bright and pretty colors. Her squares are 3x3 (very cute & little):lol . This will be her first afghan! :cheer

Terrific!!!

It must feel really great when your little girl learns to do something that enjoy & you can share that together! I would love to see how her granny-square-afghan turns out!!:cheer

Terrific!!!

It must feel really great when your little girl learns to do something that enjoy & you can share that together! I would love to see how her granny-square-afghan turns out!!:cheer

I do love to crochet together. In the winter it is my favorite time, because we sit in front of the fireplace with tea, yarn and hook for hours. I can post pictures of her itty bitty squares, if you want(?). They are kinda cute!! She only has nine so far, she just started on Sunday. During the week, she has too much homework and ballet and doesn't get to crochet much.

progress.gif

I do love to crochet together. In the winter it is my favorite time, because we sit in front of the fireplace with tea, yarn and hook for hours. I can post pictures of her itty bitty squares, if you want(?). They are kinda cute!! She only has nine so far, she just started on Sunday. During the week, she has too much homework and ballet and doesn't get to crochet much.

progress.gif

I sure would love to see them. That is so cool that she like to do that with you.

progress.gif

Love that!!Fireplace - Tea - hook - yarn & eachother! What more do you need!!

Yesssssss! I think that would be great!! Let's see em'.

:yes:):D

I love the fact that I'm apparently skilled enough to crochet things that people can actually wear. Although I AM on a granny square kick, and I have designs on amigurimi creation and some freeform exploration.

i love making smiles, sooo... i do cutesy toys.. (jointed bears, and variations) amigurumi dragons.. added wings to them, and the lastest are cell phone holders. made several frog ones from an old annies attic pocket pals pattern. i then created my own flamingo one. will probably figure out how to make several other animals also..

Right now I am making afghans and loving it. I have 2 round ripples in the works right now, with quite a few more to do. I am going to make a spiderman round ripple for my grandson. I am also going to make 2 round ripples for my best friend that just found out she is going to be a grandma again. I told her I'd make 2 round ripples, 1 for the new baby and 1 for the baby's big sister. We are thinking that they will be a rainbow color scheme, with the colors reversed for each one so they will be able to tell them apart.

I will be making ghans for Christmas presents, I just have to decide if they will be round ripples or another type.

When I need a break from the ghan's, I am trying my hand at thread, and loving it.

I love the fact that I'm apparently skilled enough to crochet things that people can actually wear. Although I AM on a granny square kick, and I have designs on amigurimi creation and some freeform exploration.

Way Cool! I would love to make some Wearables one day, but my toy obsession prevents me from having any extra time!

i love making smiles, sooo... i do cutesy toys.. (jointed bears, and variations) amigurumi dragons.. added wings to them, and the lastest are cell phone holders. made several frog ones from an old annies attic pocket pals pattern. i then created my own flamingo one. will probably figure out how to make several other animals also..

I love that the cutesy toys make smiles too!!! That is exactly why I love them too! Love the jointed bears - I haven't tried that yet. Cool, cell phone holders??!(are you the one who did the Koala one? Love that) Oh, did I post your flamingo pattern? Was that you too? Hope to see your New Animal Creations soon!

Right now I am making afghans and loving it. I have 2 round ripples in the works right now, with quite a few more to do. I am going to make a spiderman round ripple for my grandson. I am also going to make 2 round ripples for my best friend that just found out she is going to be a grandma again. I told her I'd make 2 round ripples, 1 for the new baby and 1 for the baby's big sister. We are thinking that they will be a rainbow color scheme, with the colors reversed for each one so they will be able to tell them apart.

I will be making ghans for Christmas presents, I just have to decide if they will be round ripples or another type.

When I need a break from the ghan's, I am trying my hand at thread, and loving it.

Oh, I saw that spiderman round ripple - Very Cool! I

thought for a moment of making one for my nephew - but so many projects right now.

You are a RippleQueen! Look how many you are doing! Wow.

My favorites kind of change with whatever I am interested in at the moment I guess. I love making fridgies and ornaments, especially for gifts. Bookmarks too. Doilies and thread things are something I am very proud of . Right now I am sort of into blankets. Made a starghan for my son for his birthday, an afghan with roses for my stepdaughter and have two round ripples going, one for me and a camo one for my nephew!

My favorites kind of change with whatever I am interested in at the moment I guess. I love making fridgies and ornaments, especially for gifts. Bookmarks too. Doilies and thread things are something I am very proud of . Right now I am sort of into blankets. Made a starghan for my son for his birthday, an afghan with roses for my stepdaughter and have two round ripples going, one for me and a camo one for my nephew!

Chrispersmom-

I gotta try those little fridgies,

I have some patterns for that &

think they are soooo cute!

I still haven't tried to make a doily, but really want to!

Round ripples are kinda fun, I started a baby blanket one recently.

A camo afghan... oh, that sounds very nice, do you have pictures?

I like doing afghans and shawls. The only other wearables I've done so far is a shrug and a poncho. In fact the shrug is the warm thing I'm wearing in my profile picture! :lol (Yes, I was riding a Zamboni!) I've also made a shrug for my mother.

I'm getting curious about doing vests, I've even found a couple modern patterns that would work well for my Civil War period garb projects. I'm am still a little afraid. Heck, if it doesn't fit me, it's a gift for someone else!

I love crocheting afghans!!!:hook I haven't tried clothing yet but i'm planning a short jacket when my yarn comes in the mail soon. Afghans are just so fun to me I don't know why croching a big rectangle is fun.:lol I really want to try socks, but i'm just not brave enough yet.

Archived