• Afghans
    • Wearables
    • Toys
    • Thread
    • Misc.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am constantly working on afghans, and then when I need a break from those, I switch to thread projects.... takes a little getting used to in order to switch from 4-ply worsted weight to size 10 thread, but those are my favorites!

I like to make hats and bonnets for charity. They are fast, pretty and many people can enjoy them. I feel I am helping others by making hats of all sizes. Plus, they really stashbust!

:manyheart

Cool Vonnie! I like to make afghans & toys - at least that is what I am into recently!

Me too. I did several toys before I got the nerve to try an afghan. Now I am on fourth afghan. Then off to make some more toys! I get such a kick out of the expressions on peoples faces when they find out that I have made something. It is always well worth it.

I like challenging items...as well as easy ones. I'm fairly flexible. Guess I don't have a "favorite", so I just voted for Misc.

:woo Love Challenges... to a point!

right now it is amigurumi...maybe we need a poll for least favorite too

Beth,

I am so crazy:loco about this amigurumi stuff right now... but I really have only just started doing it, so we should keep each other posted if any cool patterns come up for more amigurumi.

Do you know about the Books that are in Japanese? I would love to be able to understand it!

(& I have already heard all about how... you can get it with just pictures, my guess is that is crap! :lol

As for the Poll for the Least Favorite, you should definitely start a thread like that.... what is your least favorite thing to crochet.... or maybe I will start one... like, what is your least favorite thing to do - period. (I think that one would be interesting)

I am constantly working on afghans, and then when I need a break from those, I switch to thread projects.... takes a little getting used to in order to switch from 4-ply worsted weight to size 10 thread, but those are my favorites!

Hi Mommy2Max,

Love the Afghans, & I fear the Thread... have not even ever tried it.

(but did recently buy thread in size 10 & size 30... and smaller hooks)

Definitely TOYS and THREAD crochet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peggytoes? I need a pep talk regarding Me trying the Thread!

I love thread projects,,bookmarks,,,doilies,,,ect.

Hi Riohnna, see you lots on the boards! :) Would love to know your favorite Bookmark pattern!!

I like to make hats and bonnets for charity. They are fast, pretty and many people can enjoy them. I feel I am helping others by making hats of all sizes. Plus, they really stashbust!

:manyheart

I have never actually even made a hat before! :eek

My husband's aunt is who taught me to crochet.. she is like 90years old now:grandma

She volunteers at the local hospital & she also crochets little hats for the babies.

:cheer I think that is very nice that you do that!

Makes me have renewed faith in the kindness of others.

Thank you for all that you do, CLLinda!:manyheart

I wish i could crochet better so i could make toys and things but about all i can do is afghans

I started toys before any blankets. My first project was a snowflake, then a simple sc baby blanket so that I could get the hang of it. Then a CareBear. It isn't as hard as you think. You've just got to get out there and do it. (So-to-Say)

I love making afghans and toys. My favorite afghan to do is the Round ripple. :)

Haven't tried a round ripple yet... tried the starghan though!

doll clothes...that qualifies as toys, right :)

Cool KnitHapp! I think that is really awesome,

I recently made my very first BICO...

and it wasn't as challenging as I thought it would be.

I only frogged it like - 5 times. :lol

i like afghans the most but make slippers and toys and doodads to

I love that word. Doodads...

Potholders, bookmarks, small stuff that one can get finished quickly.

Sometimes I like to do small stuff (that works up quickly) too,

especially when I need a confidence boost

after failing miserably at a difficult pattern.

I wish i could crochet better so i could make toys and things but about all i can do is afghans

Laura, if I can do it, you certainly can!

The Cat I made was not hard to do.

It is basically SC with increases & decreases...

each Body Part was made by starting "in the round"

and I think that you Can do it.

And I will happily offer you any

moral support that you would need. :yes

I started toys before any blankets. My first project was a snowflake, then a simple sc baby blanket so that I could get the hang of it. Then a CareBear. It isn't as hard as you think. You've just got to get out there and do it. (So-to-Say)

01Buckler15, tell me -

Which Carebear did you do??

where would a Gal find the Carebear pattern?

Those are SOOOO cute!

They would be really terrific gifts too!

Archived