Caron Rainbow Dreams yarn???

woolandflax

Hey gals, i've got a problem. I hope some of you can help me, I'm just now starting on a cocoon jacket for my mil's christmas gift. I know, last minute!! I had bought 2 big 10oz. skeins of this Rainbow Dreams yarn back a few months ago just for this project but when I got it out last night to start, i had a bad feeling. The more I worked with the yarn the more I realized it felt like cardboard it was so rough and coarse. Now the problem is that I'm out of money for yarn and very quickly running out of time. Has anyone else used this yarn? Does it soften considerably after washing??? I'm gonna unwind my balls, put it in hanks and try washing it. If that doesn't help, then I may be out of luck.

~Rebecca

thanks!! now i won't hesitate to buy some for myself later. Before I read your replies, I decided to go ahead and make her something with it that wouldn't be next to her skin necessarily so it wouldn't matter. I've started a beautiful tote bag. I went to Wal-mart tonite and got material to line it, some interfacing, bamboo handles and some beads to make a unique closure for it. I'll show you pics after I get a camera for christmas!!:fc

~Rebecca

Archived