The Little Top That Grew 1-15 " doll

darski

The first little top that grew…. :pinterest

post-4896-0-53904500-1364345594_thumb.jpg

This pattern started when I needed a very simple little top to go under a sweater. I knew when I made it that it would be a great beginning for dresses.

This is the first of these dresses as I plan to try other ways of working the skirts. With my patterns, everything is just a stepping stone to your own creativity so see what you can do with that skirt. Shell stitch anyone :wlol

WW yarn and 5.5mm hook. I went up a size (from the 5mm I was using) to get a loose look to the dress.

Remember to allow for a closure method. (I lost track and ended up with my buttons on the wrong side. Fortunately, the sun still came up this morning so I got away with it :lol

Ch 28, hdc in 2nd ch from hook and next 2 ch, ch 5, skip 5 chain, hdc in next 9 ch, ch 5, sk 5 chain, hdc in last 4 ch.
(keep yourself oriented so you know which is the original chain row)

Row 2: work 2 hdc in first st, hdc in 8, 2hdc in next, hdc in 8, 2hdc in next, hdc to end and put 2hdc in last st. (the increases should be at the front side of the armholes… not that it matters but there yah go.

Row 3: work hdc across but work 4 increases (back, 2 in front, other back)

Rows 4 and 5: Work even

Row 6: work 2 hdc in 1, hdc in next

Row 7-8: Work even in hdc.

Row 9: Work DC in 3, 3 dc in next across and join

Row 10: Work dc across but work 2dc in the centre dc in the 3 dc groups.

Row 11: DC across but work an increase in the increase from the previous row by working a dc in between the two (increase) dc.

Row 12: dc around but work 3dc into that increase dc on the previous row. That was the dc worked between stitches. Break off

Attach blue and work sc around with h3 sc in centre dc of 3 dc group.

Go back to the original neck edge and attach white to the right side (right as opposed to wrong not as opposed to left J.
post-4896-0-77150000-1364345595.jpg

Work 2 FPsc into every hdc and 2 sc into every chain st across the neck edge.

Work dc into every sc,

Work (ch 4, sl st in every other st) across. Break off and tidy ends. Add a decorative button or other trim if you wish. Notice in the picture how nicely the collar flares over the arms.

Headband. This is a series of gradually growing stitches that build to a point that is off centre over the face. I will give the exact directions I used but work with what you have both in your tension and materials. You want it to fit easily but snuggly on head

post-4896-0-16578400-1364345595_thumb.jpg

Ch 38 and join to form ring – don’t let it get twisted,

Ch 2 as hdc. Including ch 2, work:
7 hdc, 8 dc, 4 tr,(3dtr, 1tr in same st->point) 1 tr, 7 dc, 10 hdc join and tidy up.

This looks really neat in RL but it doesn’t photograph well.

It also made a nice hairband instead of a headpiece :wlol

Copyright: Darlene Cutler - 2007

I have the second one done and written but not typed and I have to post at the Y group 1 day ahead so the 2nd (or more?!?) should be here tomorrow.

I do not have a problem with people/groups using my patterns to make a little extra money by physically making them and selling the items they make.

However, I do not permit the selling of my patterns for money. I have once given permission for a booklet to be made of them for a charitable sale and I may do so again *if I am asked* and if it is for a church, charity or school type group. But first you have to ask.

Furthermore, If you choose to use my patterns as a money maker, I do not permit my images to be used for any advertizing of your work. You must make your own item and photograph that. These images are as much a part of my Web image as a designer as the patterns are and I reserve that use to myself alone.

Well, well, I just got the rest printed off yesterday - took about a whole ream of paper! Claire's birthday party is the 14th and I've got a few more items to finish before I can start on these adorable clothes! My goal is to do 2-3 and then a few for other holidays. And then a bag to put them all in, of course :-)

Thanks Darski!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 years later...

Archived