Celebrating Girldom - dolls

darski

Celebrating Girldom :pinterest

Spring and Summer for girls to enjoy while wearing pink.

post-4896-135897741202_thumb.jpg

Sunnie’s summer frock (18 inch doll)

Uses Pink, White and Navy WW yarn or colours of your choice.

5mm hook.

DNBO = do not break off

I crochet loosely so this could have been a bit bigger than it is. You could add 4 stitches , one in each back and 2 in the front.

Don’t forget to allow for a closure method

post-4896-135897741293_thumb.jpg

Row 1: With Pink, ch 21, sc in 2nd ch from hook, (ch1, sc in next chain) across end with sc in last chain. (20 sc and 19 ch 1 sp)

Row 2: DC in every sc and ch 1 space (39 dc)

Row 3: dc in 3, 2 dc in next. Break off Pink

Row 4: attach white… sc in 1st, hdc in next 3, dc in next 3, sk 10 st, dc in 3, hdc in 3, sc in 2, hdc in 3, dc in 3, sk 10 st, dc in 3, hdc in 3, sc in last

Row 5: hdc across but increase one at underarms.

Row 6: hdc across, secure white but DNBO

Row 7: attach Navy, work hdc across working between the stitches and working 2 hdc in one stitch at underarms. Secure navy but DNBO

Row 8: with White, work as row 7 but break off white. Work increases in increases of row 7.

Row 9: with Navy, work hdc in one, 2hdc in next across.

Row 10: work even in hdc across

Row11: turn and sc across.

Row 12: DC in 3, 3dc in next, across. Join (all rows from now on)

Row13: sc around

Row 14 - 18: Dc evenly around. Finish off. Weave in ends.

Kaylie’s Sun suit.

post-4896-135897741308_thumb.jpg

She is a 15” CPK Baby, chest is 11 inches.

This sun suit is generous and will fit over the diaper. My elastic band got a little titch tighter than I would have liked but it works. Just watch yours so it doesn’t happen to you.

with Navy : Make a waistband with elastic and work 48 sc into the ring formed. Your join spot will be your Centre Front. (the pink Join will be at CB)

Row 1-2: dc around secure Navy but DNBO

NOTE: mark your sides or count your stitches so that you work TBL in the 24 back stitches on alternate rows. i.e. when working row 2, 4 and 6. This is the base for your ruffles on the back panty.

Row 3: attach Pink at CB and work DC between stitches. Secure Pink but DNBO

Rows 4-6: alternate pink and blue DC rows between stitches. Break off the pink after row 5.

Leg Trim … with Navy join front to back with a sl st crotch and then work( ch 3 sc in next) around the leg. When you come back to the beginning, make a second join and work the trim around the second leg.

Bib…

Mark out 9 stitches at the centre front. Work hdc in these stitches with Navy, work a second row of hdc in Navy. Break off and attach Pink,

Work 3 hdc rows in pink but work a decrease at each side on the last row. Break off.

Ties… with Navy, ch 30, hdc across top of bib then ch 30 and break off.

The bunny motif in White..

Work 6 sc into 2nd ch from hook and join. Work the ears by doing (ch 4 and sl stitching back down to head) twice. Leave a long end to sew to bib front.

Back Ruffles: You will be using those Front Loops that you kept out while working the back

post-4896-13589774131_thumb.jpg

Attach white yarn in the first Front Loop stitch at the top of the sun suit back.

(Ch 3 and sl st into every other loop) across row. DNBO

work a chain 3 and sl st into the first loop on the middle row of Front Loops. work (ch4 sl st in every other stitch) on the two remaining rows. Break off and tidy ends.

Dora’s ensemble – beaded crochet for those willing to try J

post-4896-135897741304_thumb.jpg

Skirt with beaded trim.

Make an elastic waistband and work 40 sc into ring. In this case, your join will happen at a side.

Row 1: starting from side seam work DC around BUT work TR in the 3 stitches at CF and CB

Row 2: dc around working TBL only and working 3 dc into central TR at front and back. This back loop work lets you add the beaded trim. If you are not going to do the trim, then just work as usual.

Row 3: dc around working 2 increases in central (F&B)stitches.

Row 4: Work dc around but work hdc in the front and back stitches as needed to even out the hem edge

Row 5 - 6: DC evenly around. Break off and tidy ends.

Add beaded trim.

Thread 20 white pony beads onto your pink yarn before you begin. Actually, I used white because it fit my motif colours and I had them. Use whatever colour would please your doll-owner. Plastic Pink Rules!!!

Attach pink into a Front Loop stitch.

Chain 3, move a bead up to your hook and work a sc (around the bead)chain 3 again, skip one loop and attach in next with sl st. repeat this around.

Note: because we started with 40 dc, 20 beads should be enough to work a stitch in every other one. You can put more beads on if you just want to be safe as you cannot add them later if you need them.

About the little white top…. I just needed something very small to fit under the sweater and this does it very well. I am going to use this technique to make a sun dress after this. I like how it works.

With my patterns, everything is just a stepping stone to your own creativity.

WW yarn and 5mm hook

Remember to allow for a closure method.

Ch 28, hdc in 2nd ch from hook and next 2 ch, ch 5, skip 5 chain, hdc in next 9 ch, ch 5, sk 5 chain, hdc in last 4 ch.

(keep yourself oriented so you know which is the original chain row)

Row 2: work 2 hdc in first st, hdc in 8, 2hdc in next, hdc in 8, 2hdc in next, hdc to end and put 2hdc in last st. (the increases should be at the front side of the armholes… not that it matters but there yah go.

Row 3: work hdc across but work 4 increases (back, 2 in front, other back)

Work 2 more rows even and break off.

Major-ly girlie sweater with personalized bead trim

post-4896-135897741302_thumb.jpg

I did the name beads because I had them (taught crafts at our “Girls of Grace” group. But, it is really, really cute. J

Create ribbing…

Work a 5 st sc ribbing for 36 rows. DNBO

Work a row of 36 sc along the top of your ribbing

Work 3 rows of HDC evenly.

Mark out your divisions into fronts, sleeves and back as follows

Each Front = 6, Back = 12 and Each Sleeve = 6.

You want the divisions to be clear but when you work each section work an HDC decrease stitch with the nearby sleeve section. This makes a good armhole for adding your set-in sleeve later.

So, with your yarn ready for a front section, you will work hdc in 5 and hdc dec in next two stitches.

Turn and work two more rows of hdc even – 6sts. Break off

Do this same thing with the back over 12 st and the other front over 6 st.

Attach white at right side CF, work hdc in each front st. ch 2, work hdc in back st, ch 2 and work hdc in front stitches.

Work a row of hdc evenly across

Work a row of (FPsc, 2 FPsc in next) across and break off.

Attach white at lower right front edge, ch 3 then dc along front edge and into each FPsc, and down the other front side. If you wish to add the name beads, thread them onto the tail when you finish. I used a white pony bead as ender. Saves weaving in one end :wlol

post-4896-135897741306_thumb.jpg

Sleeves…

You need to do whatever it takes to make this sleeve fit into the armhole you have created. I will try to give you specific instructions but be ready to ‘make it work’

Work a 3 sc ribbing for 18 rows, join edges with sc and DNBO

Work 18 sc into the tops of the ribbing adding in the extras as you can.

Work 4 rows of hdc evenly

Work 1 row with increase in 2nd and 2nd last stitch.

Sl st in 2, hdc in 14, sc in 1, ch 1 turn,

Sc in 2nd st, hdc across and sc in last

Hdc across with decrease in first and last st.

Hdc dec across ( may not be even)

Round out the sleeve cap with decreases as needed and secure end. Leave a Ve-e-e-e-e-e-ery long tail to sew in the sleeve.

Sew in sleeve and finish ends

Copyright: Darlene Cutler - 2007

I do not have a problem with people/groups using my patterns to make a little extra money by physically making them and selling the items they make.

However, I do not permit the selling of my patterns for money. I have once given permission for a booklet to be made of them for a charitable sale and I may do so again *if I am asked* and if it is for a church, charity or school type group. But first you have to ask.

Furthermore, If you choose to use my patterns as a money maker, I do not permit my images to be used for any advertizing of your work. You must make your own item and photograph that. These images are as much a part of my Web image as a designer as the patterns are and I reserve that use to myself alone.

post-4896-135897741314_thumb.jpg

post-4896-135897741315_thumb.jpg

The girls are beautiful. They look as though they are ready to go to the park for a lovely spring outing. Hopefully they'll stay out of trouble. :lol I just love all their outfits. My, but you have been a busy:bee :juggle

Thanks. I believe these are the cutest yet. I have been checking everyday and was afriad you were going to quit. I have all of your patterns printed out, but have a big project I have to finish first. My granddaughter brought Dora down for me to measure and is anxiously awaiting the finished project.

Very cute! I can't wait to begin making your outfits for my dolls. I have Dora and 4 American Girl dolls. Only 1 AG doll is for clothes...the others are still in their original boxes as they are discontinued. Dora I bought just for your outfits!

Darski, you certainly have a knack!

Darski's doll clothes are just wonderful! I don't have a doll, but I just love looking at all of the outfits that she creates! I don't have kids, either, so I can't even BORROW a doll to make clothes for! My birthday is coming up on the 19th of this month, though, and you don't know HOW tempted I am to ask DH to make one of my presents a doll so that I can have someone to make Darski's clothes for! :lol Keep up the great work, Darski! Looking at your creations takes me back to my childhood. :hug

Elle

Darski's doll clothes are just wonderful! I don't have a doll, but I just love looking at all of the outfits that she creates! I don't have kids, either, so I can't even BORROW a doll to make clothes for! My birthday is coming up on the 19th of this month, though, and you don't know HOW tempted I am to ask DH to make one of my presents a doll so that I can have someone to make Darski's clothes for! :lol Keep up the great work, Darski! Looking at your creations takes me back to my childhood. :hug

Elle

hey! Happy birthday to us :hug:cake:bday:hug

I am glad they make you smile.

hey! Happy birthday to us :hug:cake:bday:hug

I am glad they make you smile.

Wow! Are you on the 19th as well? I will be 50 this year and I have never met another person who shares my birthday! :hug

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO US! :cheer

:bday

Hope it's the happiest yet! :hug

Elle

Well the good news is that we just missed Hitler's Bday and Columbine but we did get...

Waco

Oklahoma City

and another one I can't remember.

I used to hate to see my birthday come for fear of what someone would do that day.

I just purchased this today and I cant wait to get her to make your beautiful outfits for her.....

b4f4_1.jpg

she is very pretty. Have lots of fun and enjoy the patterns and the doll!

Well the good news is that we just missed Hitler's Bday and Columbine but we did get...

Waco

Oklahoma City

and another one I can't remember.

I used to hate to see my birthday come for fear of what someone would do that day.

Oh, I know! If only something GOOD would happen on our birthday one year! Well at least WE are good things that happened on that day! :hug

Elle

• 3 years later...
Celebrating Girldom

Spring and Summer for girls to enjoy while wearing pink.

cgirl1.jpg

Sunnie’s summer frock (18 inch doll)

Uses Pink, White and Navy WW yarn or colours of your choice.

5mm hook.

DNBO = do not break off

I crochet loosely so this could have been a bit bigger than it is. You could add 4 stitches , one in each back and 2 in the front.

Don’t forget to allow for a closure method

cgirl2.jpg

Row 1: With Pink, ch 21, sc in 2nd ch from hook, (ch1, sc in next chain) across end with sc in last chain. (20 sc and 19 ch 1 sp)

Row 2: DC in every sc and ch 1 space (39 dc)

Row 3: dc in 3, 2 dc in next. Break off Pink

Row 4: attach white… sc in 1st, hdc in next 3, dc in next 3, sk 10 st, dc in 3, hdc in 3, sc in 2, hdc in 3, dc in 3, sk 10 st, dc in 3, hdc in 3, sc in last

Row 5: hdc across but increase one at underarms.

Row 6: hdc across, secure white but DNBO

Row 7: attach Navy, work hdc across working between the stitches and working 2 hdc in one stitch at underarms. Secure navy but DNBO

Row 8: with White, work as row 7 but break off white. Work increases in increases of row 7.

Row 9: with Navy, work hdc in one, 2hdc in next across.

Row 10: work even in hdc across

Row11: turn and sc across.

Row 12: DC in 3, 3dc in next, across. Join (all rows from now on)

Row13: sc around

Row 14 - 18: Dc evenly around. Finish off. Weave in ends.

Kaylie’s Sun suit.

cgirl6.jpg

She is a 15” CPK Baby, chest is 11 inches.

This sun suit is generous and will fit over the diaper. My elastic band got a little titch tighter than I would have liked but it works. Just watch yours so it doesn’t happen to you.

with Navy : Make a waistband with elastic and work 48 sc into the ring formed. Your join spot will be your Centre Front. (the pink Join will be at CB)

Row 1-2: dc around secure Navy but DNBO

NOTE: mark your sides or count your stitches so that you work TBL in the 24 back stitches on alternate rows. i.e. when working row 2, 4 and 6. This is the base for your ruffles on the back panty.

Row 3: attach Pink at CB and work DC between stitches. Secure Pink but DNBO

Rows 4-6: alternate pink and blue DC rows between stitches. Break off the pink after row 5.

Leg Trim … with Navy join front to back with a sl st crotch and then work( ch 3 sc in next) around the leg. When you come back to the beginning, make a second join and work the trim around the second leg.

Bib…

Mark out 9 stitches at the centre front. Work hdc in these stitches with Navy, work a second row of hdc in Navy. Break off and attach Pink,

Work 3 hdc rows in pink but work a decrease at each side on the last row. Break off.

Ties… with Navy, ch 30, hdc across top of bib then ch 30 and break off.

The bunny motif in White..

Work 6 sc into 2nd ch from hook and join. Work the ears by doing (ch 4 and sl stitching back down to head) twice. Leave a long end to sew to bib front.

Back Ruffles: You will be using those Front Loops that you kept out while working the back

cgirl7.jpg

Attach white yarn in the first Front Loop stitch at the top of the sun suit back.

(Ch 3 and sl st into every other loop) across row. DNBO

work a chain 3 and sl st into the first loop on the middle row of Front Loops. work (ch4 sl st in every other stitch) on the two remaining rows. Break off and tidy ends.

Dora’s ensemble – beaded crochet for those willing to try J

cgirl4.jpg

Skirt with beaded trim.

Make an elastic waistband and work 40 sc into ring. In this case, your join will happen at a side.

Row 1: starting from side seam work DC around BUT work TR in the 3 stitches at CF and CB

Row 2: dc around working TBL only and working 3 dc into central TR at front and back. This back loop work lets you add the beaded trim. If you are not going to do the trim, then just work as usual.

Row 3: dc around working 2 increases in central (F&B)stitches.

Row 4: Work dc around but work hdc in the front and back stitches as needed to even out the hem edge

Row 5 - 6: DC evenly around. Break off and tidy ends.

Add beaded trim.

Thread 20 white pony beads onto your pink yarn before you begin. Actually, I used white because it fit my motif colours and I had them. Use whatever colour would please your doll-owner. Plastic Pink Rules!!!

Attach pink into a Front Loop stitch.

Chain 3, move a bead up to your hook and work a sc (around the bead)chain 3 again, skip one loop and attach in next with sl st. repeat this around.

Note: because we started with 40 dc, 20 beads should be enough to work a stitch in every other one. You can put more beads on if you just want to be safe as you cannot add them later if you need them.

About the little white top…. I just needed something very small to fit under the sweater and this does it very well. I am going to use this technique to make a sun dress after this. I like how it works.

With my patterns, everything is just a stepping stone to your own creativity.

WW yarn and 5mm hook

Remember to allow for a closure method.

Ch 28, hdc in 2nd ch from hook and next 2 ch, ch 5, skip 5 chain, hdc in next 9 ch, ch 5, sk 5 chain, hdc in last 4 ch.

(keep yourself oriented so you know which is the original chain row)

Row 2: work 2 hdc in first st, hdc in 8, 2hdc in next, hdc in 8, 2hdc in next, hdc to end and put 2hdc in last st. (the increases should be at the front side of the armholes… not that it matters but there yah go.

Row 3: work hdc across but work 4 increases (back, 2 in front, other back)

Work 2 more rows even and break off.

Major-ly girlie sweater with personalized bead trim

cgirl3.jpg

I did the name beads because I had them (taught crafts at our “Girls of Grace” group. But, it is really, really cute. J

Create ribbing…

Work a 5 st sc ribbing for 36 rows. DNBO

Work a row of 36 sc along the top of your ribbing

Work 3 rows of HDC evenly.

Mark out your divisions into fronts, sleeves and back as follows

Each Front = 6, Back = 12 and Each Sleeve = 6.

You want the divisions to be clear but when you work each section work an HDC decrease stitch with the nearby sleeve section. This makes a good armhole for adding your set-in sleeve later.

So, with your yarn ready for a front section, you will work hdc in 5 and hdc dec in next two stitches.

Turn and work two more rows of hdc even – 6sts. Break off

Do this same thing with the back over 12 st and the other front over 6 st.

Attach white at right side CF, work hdc in each front st. ch 2, work hdc in back st, ch 2 and work hdc in front stitches.

Work a row of hdc evenly across

Work a row of (FPsc, 2 FPsc in next) across and break off.

Attach white at lower right front edge, ch 3 then dc along front edge and into each FPsc, and down the other front side. If you wish to add the name beads, thread them onto the tail when you finish. I used a white pony bead as ender. Saves weaving in one end :wlol

cgirl5.jpg

Sleeves…

You need to do whatever it takes to make this sleeve fit into the armhole you have created. I will try to give you specific instructions but be ready to ‘make it work’

Work a 3 sc ribbing for 18 rows, join edges with sc and DNBO

Work 18 sc into the tops of the ribbing adding in the extras as you can.

Work 4 rows of hdc evenly

Work 1 row with increase in 2nd and 2nd last stitch.

Sl st in 2, hdc in 14, sc in 1, ch 1 turn,

Sc in 2nd st, hdc across and sc in last

Hdc across with decrease in first and last st.

Hdc dec across ( may not be even)

Round out the sleeve cap with decreases as needed and secure end. Leave a Ve-e-e-e-e-e-ery long tail to sew in the sleeve.

Sew in sleeve and finish ends

Copyright: Darlene Cutler - 2007

I do not have a problem with people/groups using my patterns to make a little extra money by physically making them and selling the items they make.

However, I do not permit the selling of my patterns for money. I have once given permission for a booklet to be made of them for a charitable sale and I may do so again *if I am asked* and if it is for a church, charity or school type group. But first you have to ask.

Furthermore, If you choose to use my patterns as a money maker, I do not permit my images to be used for any advertizing of your work. You must make your own item and photograph that. These images are as much a part of my Web image as a designer as the patterns are and I reserve that use to myself alone.

Hi I'm trying to do your Celebrating Girldom Doll Cloths and I noticed while reading the pattern .You dont not state if you turn your work on each row or if you have a starting chain?What do I do Chain 2 for the first DC or just do a DC on the Row 2?

Thanks all help be appreciated

Hugs Joan,

Archived