A little question about noro blossom...

damekiri

Has anyone on here felted it? How did it come out? Was it successful? My LYS has it on sale at the moment and I bought 2 skeins because I want to make a shoulder bag, but I'm terrible with a sewing machine (I only need to think about using one, for the tension to go weird and then the whole sewing machine to just fall apart), and my handsewing isn't the best... So I wondered whether felting would be an option? I've never felted anything before... Also I'd be really sad if it lost the little threads of colours passing through it... I dunno. So does anyone have any advice? Anything would be greatly appreciated!

It's the one with 40% wool, 30% kid mohair, 20% silk and 10% nylon... I just don't want to ruin it all!!! It's soooooo pretty, I'd be devastated if I ruined it...!

Yeah, I was just thinking about felting to make it a bit structurally stronger, not so much for appearances, you know? I didn't know if it might be successful, or if anyone else has any ideas? It's beautiful, and I just don't want to ruin it, you know?!

Why not do a swatch piece and felt it and see if you like it. Maybe try a felted coaster. That way, you're not ruining all of it.

Archived