Stripey beanie.

Lt. Cactus

I know it isn't the nicest, but this is my first crochet project ever and I'm pretty proud of it.

Loosely based off of some pattern my mom had. I say 'loosely' because it took me until about round eleven to figure out what half of it meant. That and I think I finished the top part with the bottom inside out. I'm not really sure. o___O Anyhow.

MARVEL AT ITS BEAUTY.

OR GIVE ME TIPS. EITHER WORKS.

<3

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o7/kiskakukla/IMG_2786.jpg Edited for link because I think it's bigger than the forum allows.

Well I'm impressed for a first project. I think it's adorable and the colors are great. Just think if your first project looks this good, just think how great your work will look after a few more projects under your belt ;)

Good job, Nate. That's one of the best "first projects" I've seen from anyone. My first project was a hat also--I've the habit of jumping in head first without taking the time to develop all the skills first. I think it's commendable that you did so well. You'll figure things out for any mistakes you made, and they'll just keep getting better and better.

p.s. welcome to the 'ville, as they say!

Looks great for a first timer.

My first project was a preemie size baby blanket out of single crochet. No skipping, no fancy stitches, no increasing or decreasing. That is so simple it's hard to mess up. All though I did have a little trouble when it came to turning. I kept on skipping the last stitch, and turning to early. So it kept on getting smaller. :lol

Wow. o_o I'm loved! I really am! ::glee::

I got the yarn out of a bin in one of the art closets (it was already open) so I'm not sure what brand or kind it is (worsted? I think?), but I just went and bought some so I think I'm going to be ambitious and try fingerless gloves next. The hat wasn't too bad, and the stitches seem pretty basic.

(For those of you who are impressed by the color changes, it explained how to do it in the pattern. I just figured I had nothing to lose by trying. XD <3)

Thanks for the compliments, guys! I really appreciate it!

Hope y'all like the next one as much. <3

Be very proud!!!! and honestly the little 'mistakes' we make are what make it our own! If you ever need any help with those patterns, there is tons of help around here!!! don't be shy! It took me quite a while before I was brave enough to try to read a pattern!! Keep up the good work!

Archived