Afghan in honor of Chase

salos

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love to send squares, but I need to know if anyone can PM me with easy instructions (step by step) to do them. Also please send your address and when you will need them by.

My first idea was to make a comfortghan that would be in little boy colors but big enough for an adult -- using ww yarn. We could also make a baby blanket using something like Caron Simply Soft. I can make two blankies.

Mikki, that blue will be fine if I don't get too many. Know what I mean? I like to balance things out.

Regular Super Saver yarn (WW) is fine, or Caron Simply soft is fine.

As for patterns, granny squares are great. http://www.geocities.com/snowymts.geo/grannysquare.html

Priscilla Hewitt's Simple Square is really nice also. http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/lffunt/flatbraid.htm -- at the bottom of the page, don't work the edging.

Thank you all for pitching in.

I want to join this too please send me a pm of the address to send the squares too. I have light and dark blues and greens does it matter if they are dark or light or can I do both sqaures in dark and light blues and greens?

Aelita, I would prefer light blue but I can work in a few darker blue squares.

Thank you all for your support! Kris (Mizduck) gives a lot of people encouragement, and I think it's important for us to show her love at this time.

Ok, I have to run and pick up some ww if I don't have any in the bins I just put out on the porch; and it might be late tonight or tomorrow before I can start, but I can whip out grannies like no tomorrow once I get started.

Archived