Substitution for Berocco suede?

srmc

<span style="font-family:comic sans ms; color:navy;">Anyone familiar with this <a href="http://www.berroco.com/yarns/suede.html" target="_new">yarn</a>? I was wondering if there was a good substitution? There is a capelet pattern I want to make using this yarn. I called the local stores that carry the brand but they do not carry the color I need. When I asked about special order I was told they could do that but I would have to purchase the entire lot (10 rolls). I do not need that many for my pattern. Maybe 6 or 7 at the most. The yarn is also $11.00 a roll. I don't know if I want to spend over $70.00 for a poncho that may only get worn for one season (although I would love to wear this one pattern for awhile). I was just hoping that you gals would know of something I could use instead.

Thanks in Advance.</span>

there are some patterns i've wanted to use that for and i'm planning on using chennille for them, bought on the cone so it's much cheaper. But i've also heard little rumors of LB coming out with a suede yarn......so you might wait a bit and see....

~Rebecca

Ahh Yes... About that LB suede!

I just got my LB catalog in the mail and am so so excited about some of the patterns - but anyways, they show the new Suede and to me it looks like chenille... not to say that I don't like it and I'll have to touch it cuz I"m sure it feels nice, but Berocco's looks much more like actual suede, IMHO.

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Michael's is carring the LB Suede now. $6.99 a skein I think. I thought it looked pretty neat, but I haven't seen any other suede brands yet.<hr></blockquote>

<span style="font-family:comic sans ms; color:navy;">Thank you. I may have to go and compare the two and see if they are similar at least to the touch - hopefully not in the price. LOL</span>

Archived