Daddy’s Little Girl

Tampa Doll

Yeah that is right, this is Daddy’s little girl. As you can see she is in a sailor suit with a picture of her favorite Sailor in her left hand.

If you look close, that is my Dad in his dress blues.

The buttons you see on the collar were on my Dad’s dress blues, which we were all given a set along with a dog tag. The anchor on the front, he wore on a chain along with his Polish eagle.

This dress is from Shady Lane and it is made with Peaches and Cream yarn.

She is 18” tall, and she will be put on my July table.

smMaryJo002.gif

smMaryJo.gif

I got this pattern from a nice person ( there are lots here), here at Crochetville. :hug

Gosh Mary Jo.... should have put a tissue alert by that one... she is beautiful... and an absolute wonderful tribute to your dad!!!! I'm a daddy's girl myself and lost my dad in 2001....

...Just a wonderful thing you've created !

Wow Tampa Doll she is beautiful I too was a daddy's girl and I lost my dad when I was ten so I didn't have my dad around as long as most but it still hurt to lose him even at ten yrs. old. Your doll is so pretty as is everything you do.

Mary Jo... I don't know what to say. Stunning! She looks every bit the lil sailor girl. Just amazing. It sounds like she has special meaning to you too which makes her so much more precious.

Thank you everyone for your kind words about my doll. I have been holding this doll for a long while trying to find the perfect pattern. When I got this one, I knew I found it.

Dad has been gone about 20 years now, but he will always be with me.

I am glad you liked her, now off to see what else I can make.

Hope everyone has a Great Day.:hook

Oh my - I agree a tissue alert should have been given. I was a daddys girl also. My dad has been gone since 1998 and I miss him everyday. He too was in the Navy.

You do beautiful work and I am sure your daddy would be so proud!

Mary Jo, she is beautiful!! :c9 And will be a doll you will cherish as I am sure she will hold/bring back memories of your father. That is so neat. Beautiful job as always! :hook

Tina

Archived