If your under 35 this post will not make sense to you

...and goodness it might not make sense to you if you are over 35...anyhow... I have been just a tad bit down in the dumps lately so dh was channel surfing yesterday to try to find something to cheer me up some.. and VH1 was doing a classic albums thing and the album they were doing was Rumors by Fleetwood Mac ( are you with me still????)... anyhow... I use to just think Stevie Nicks was IT..loved her songs.... loved her look...( I probably just lost half of you here)....and they were interviewing her about how she relaxed back in the day when they were recording the album...well... she said she would go to an empty recording room to write and CROCHET....Stevie Nicks and I are simpatico... ( except I was never addicted to cocaine, living with Lindsey Buckingham, famous, beautiful or a white witch).... but we both crochet:D how cool is that..

......It takes so little in life to amuse me anymore.... burnt out hippies crocheting.....can pants.... I really do need more of a life...:(

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stevie was on the morning show on CBS this morning and it was an interesting interview. She still looks good maybe better than when she was young she is 58.

Darlene

As soon as I saw the topic, I had to peek in and see what was going on. I loved that "album" and you see, you never know who crochets. I am so glad that she mentioned it.

I saw her recently on the TV and DH was definately glued to watching her. There was something about her that everyone was infatuated with. :cheer

Ouch, How well I remember Stevie Nick. My best friends little sister use to get mistaken for her all the time back in the day. We had sooo much fun with that. My god daughter name is Rhiannon, so that will tell you how much my BF loved Fleetwood Mac

You are probably just going through a mid life crisis! I have a special guy friend that really helped me pull out of the slump I was in,my bf wouldn't even acknowledge that I was feeling this way and didn't seem to care. My friend picked up on it right away. He was always there for me to talk to anytime day or night! Iam thankful for that! :yes I loved Fleetwood Mac and Stevie Nicks!

I love Stevie Nicks! I've seen her in concert 3 times when she was on her own, and I've seen Fleetwood Mac twice. I drove 6 hours to see her in concert.

I knew she crocheted, but forgot about it until you just mentioned it. I read that some years ago. She even crocheted some of the shawls she wore and still wears).

lol I am a few years younger then the 35 (33 :D) and yep I remember those times also AND I still have tons of those kinds of songs but now they are on mp3 or ipod ;lol!

I'll be forty this year :)

Dh and I went to a Stevie Nicks concert together when we were dating. I just called to make sure that it really was him and not my bad memory or another boy friend;) He says he's not sure why we went, but we did. Maybe it was meant to be, you know, Lover's forever and all that :)

Sorry to hear you are feeling down :hug I think it sounds like a good memory. I just laugh at the things that I think were cool when I was much younger than my soon to be 40 years young. It's a good laugh.

Oh how funny is that? Hubby and I were just talking last night how they had the best "breakup" song - "Go Your Own Way" - how did we get on that subject?

We were watching a documentary about ABBA! They had a good break up song too - "The Winner Takes It All" - gosh, I didn't realize what heartache was in that band.

Sorry to hear your feeling down, I really think it's Spring Fever right now - all that yucky yellow pollen outside. That's causing everyone to feel miserable.

I didn't know she crocheted - cool.

I love Stevie Nicks - I have my best friend because of her. Several years ago, a co-worker was going with another co-worker to see Stevie in concert - well 2nd co-worker backed out 2 hours before the show. Co-worker #1 loves Stevie and I could see how upset she was and she asked me if I knew anybody that would buy the 2 tickets from her. I felt so bad for her missing the show so I told her I would buy one of the tickets if she didn't mind me going with her. We got to know each other that night and now we are best friends - I'm even her child's Godmother - and it's all thanks to Stevie Nicks!!

I'm "only" 31 and I know EXACTLY what you're talking about!!!!

Personally, I STILL love her sense of style. She always went her own way, and I like that about her.

I didn't know she crocheted, though. Cool!!! :hook

LOL, you were right about the post not making sense to those under 35... I couldn't resist the temptation to read this thread after reading the title though! I'm 20 and have heard of fleetwood mac but you definitely lost me after that!!

I used to love Stevie Nicks too her look ,her voice :) I had her same type of hair so it made me like her even more you know when you were a teenager you just wanted to see someone famous look a little like you. I never knew she crocheted though but it does kind of fit her :hook

Thanks for the Stevie love folks...I'm just feeling a bit blue because for so long I've been a mom to a house full of rowdy boys and now I am down to one and he needs me not so much... dh has been working out of town Mon-Thurs and we sort of are like hmmm.. well we both only function as halves when the other is not around... and my birthday is approaching and even though its only 49 , which I surely don't consider a bit old..I'm a bit saggy in a few spots( the under arm flapping thing really got me)...but I just need to find a new groove to groove in now that my babes have or are about to fly the nest... and dh will only be working out of town until June..so its not forever...I would so not make a military wife... My hats off to those of you who are much braver then I am...I'm a bit fo a sissy with out my "men" around!

Archived