Animal Headbands

I created these for my daughter and niece. They are getting into pretend and dress up so I thought they would enjoy pretending to be animals. (my daughter is modeling one of the headbands!) Enjoy!!

headbandsforweb.jpg

graceforweb.jpg

Supplies:

Worsted Weight yarn

Yarn needle

Girls headband

4mm crochet hook

Notes:

Sc Decrease

place hook in stitch, yo, draw loop through

place hook in next stitch, yo, draw loop through

yo, draw it through all three loops on the hook

Sc Increase

place 2sc in one stitch

I used girls thin headbands. They were about ½ inch thick. I found mine at Walmart. I wanted the end headband to be wide so I crocheted a wider band.

You can use the headband as a base and make any animals ears, use your imagination

Headband

ch 7, sc in 2nd space from hook, sc in each space to the end, ch1, turn *do not weave in the end, you will use it to anchor the piece to the headband.

Rows 1-68 sc across, ch 1, turn. At the end of round 68, finish off leaving a long enough tail to anchor the strip to the headband.

Starting with the beginning of the crocheted strip, fold about two rows over the bottom of the girls headband and anchor sew across the beginning chain using the small tail created when you started the piece. Tie off the yarn at the end of the row.

Pull the crocheted strip over the headband, pulling it a little tight as you go so that you have two rows to fold over the end of the headband. Anchor stitch across the last row, then sew back to the middle where the headband is. Anchor sew the strip to the headband by making zig-zags over the headband. When you get to the other side, tie off.

Dog Ears

Ch 6, sc in 2nd space from hook, sc to the end, ch 1, turn

Rows 1-6 sc across, ch1, turn

Row 7 sc increase, 3 sc, sc increase, ch 1, turn

Row 8-9 sc across, ch 1, turn

Row 10 sc increase, 5 sc, sc increase, ch 1, turn

Row 11-12 sc across, ch 1, turn

Row 13 sc increase, 7sc, sc increase, ch 1, turn

Row 14-15 sc across, ch 1, turn

Row 16 sc increase, 9sc, sc increase, ch1, turn

Row 17-22 sc across, ch 1, turn

Row 23 sc decrease, 9 sc, sc decrease, ch 1, turn

Row 24 sc decrease, 7sc, sc decrease, ch 1, turn

Row 25 sc decrease, 5 sc, sc decrease, ch 1, turn

Row 26 sc decrease, 3 sc, sc decrease, ch 1, turn

Row 27 sc decrease, sc, sc decrease, fasten off leaving enough tail to sew to headband. Sew them to the headband

Rabbit Ears

ch 16, sc in 2nd space from the hook, 13 sc, 3sc in last space, working up the other side, 14 sc, ch 1, turn

Row 1 4 sc, 4 hdc, 6 dc, 2tr in next 3 st, 6 dc, 4 hdc, 4 sc, ch 1, turn

Row 2 4 sc, 4 hdc, 18 dc, 4 hdc, 4 sc, finish off leaving enough tail to sew to headband. Sew them to the headband

Cat Ears

Ch 10, sc in 2nd space from the hook, sc in next 8 spaces, ch 1, turn

Row 1-4 sc across, ch 1, turn

Row 5 sc decrease, 5sc, sc decrease, ch 1, turn

Row 6 sc decrease, 3sc, sc decrease, ch 1, turn

Row 7 sc decrease, sc, sc decrease, ch 1, turn

Row 8 sc decrease, sc, ch 1, turn

Row 9 sc decrease, finish off leaving enough of a tail to sew to headband, sew them to the headband

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived