Oval Doily

Tiga

Question

Hey all, I'm looking for an oval doily pattern that will fit on a side table/living room table.

The table in question is about 12" wide by about 17" long (guessing, as I haven't measured it exactly yet).

The doily can't be too lumpy, as it will have a lamp on it, as well a few knickknacks of my mom's; filet would probably be best.

Nothing too complicated, as I'm not exactly the most patient with fancy-thread patterns, and I think picot stitches are evil evil evil :devil .

Anything with a rose pattern would be a big plus, but not required.

Free is better, but if you know of a great pattern in a booklet, that will work, too.

I don't think I'll buy a $15.00 book of doilies, though, just for one doily. I don't have THAT many side tables, lol!

9 answers to this question

Thanks, guys. I found a bunch of possible candidates; now Mom just has to pick one.

Wow, what a great doily site nutz4crochet! I couldn't find an oval tea doily, is it the oval doily 1947 that you're making?? Would luv see which 1 you're doing! Luved the butterfly doily on this site! All of them are so keen. Thanks for sharing! Smiles, Louise

Wow, what a great doily site nutz4crochet! I couldn't find an oval tea doily, is it the oval doily 1947 that you're making?? Would luv see which 1 you're doing! Luved the butterfly doily on this site! All of them are so keen. Thanks for sharing! Smiles, Louise

I love that site. This is the doily I'm working on http://www.angelfire.com/folk/celtwich/OvalTea.html

Nothing too complicated, as I'm not exactly the most patient with fancy-thread patterns, and I think picot stitches are evil evil evil :devil .

I just ran across a picot stitch on steroids! :eek :eek :eek

The way it's made is this: Chain 5, SINGLE CROCHET IN 4TH CHAIN FROM HOOK... :2eek :2eek :2eek :2eek

Looks really pretty though, once you get the hang of it.

:devil

Archived