Chicken potholder

atarango

I was at AC Moore a while back and I saw this book of hotpads and potholders and I fell in love with the chicken. (Its a leisure arts book I think) Anyway- I wanted to show off the chicken- She is double thick, crocheted using Sugar 'n Cream and I embroidered his features on. She is so cute in fact that I refuse to actually use her as a hotpad or potholder. Anyway I am thinking of making a whole flock of chickens in a variety of colors for a friend as part of her wedding gift. (It wouldn't all just be chickens) What do you all think? Too kitsch or just campy enough to be fun??? My friend has a fun sense of humor- she does already have multiple pink flamingos in her front lawn...

-Angel

100_0958.jpg

I think it would be a great gift. But maybe it is just me? :think I like it. I think a pink-flamingos-in-the-yard person would like it, too. (I have that book, too, by the way.)

Tina

OMGosh, how adorable!! Where do I find that pattern? Can I buy the book somewhere? This would be a great little gift to include in my Mother, Sister and Daughter's Easter Baskets!!

LoL! That is so cute. I think your gift idea would be fun, I'm not into kitsch but the chicken is so adorable. And you did a great job making it too. :cheer

I think it's very cute! And I'm sure your friend would enjoy them if she's got the sense of whimsy to put flamingoes in her yard. They are fun and cute and would brighten up just about any kitchen.

Okay, the book I used was the Annie's Attic's Ultimate Book of Pot Holders

There is another chicken potholder there- a really cute turkey, cow, bee, and ladybug.

-Angel

Thanks Atarango!! I am going to get that book today and make a flock for all the easter baskets for the women in my family!! Thank you!!

I have that book and I was actually going to make that chicken potholder for a kitchen exchange in another group. My exchange partner has a farm so I figured that would be perfect. I like the cow one too.

Carol :hook

Archived