Strawberry Shortcake Done! updated picture of mikayla with it on her bday.Page 5

mikki

I wanted to post this WIP to get your opinion on it. I changed the shirt as far as in the pattern you are sapposed to "sew" the stripes in with yarn. I didn't care for how it was looking.So i just changed colors as i went. I'm not sure if the hat looks right either . Maybe it's just me being picky (according to my hubby) Don't worry about hurting my feelings . Let me know what you think this is for my daughters 5th birthday(april 13th ) so i want it to be great. she still lacks the hair, facial features , shoes, and strawberries on her hat.th_Picture.jpg

Done March 31th_SSCdone.jpg (clickable) Finally got her finished. Not sure i'm happy with her face. But, it's full of love. Hope she likes it on her birthday when she gets it.Thanks for all the comment's and suggestions on her hat.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's an easy pattern.So far . Kinda dreading the face im not very good with faces . Only problem i've had is the legs. Only because i dont have stitch markers and lost my place . (been hiding from daughter to make it. She came in room so i had to hide it and lost my count lol)

I think it is looking adorable.

If you are concerned about the waviness of the hat, I don't think it hurts for this style of doll. it looks cute. if you wanted it smoother, just take out a few increases a couple of rows back.

She really is a cutie. love your colours

Her hair is made onto her hat so i think i'll see what that does to the shape of it first. Thanks for the suggestion Darski. Her hats kinda growing on me after i placed a few strawberrys on it. If it doesnt look right when i get her hair on. I'll try that. I already had the blue from the snowflake afghan i still need to sew the last two rows on (i''m procrastinating bad on that) her pants should be light blue but, i like the dark blue. My daughter has a few strawberry shortcake dolls so i took a look at those before heading out to the store for the yarn.

I always use a piece of yarn if a different color to mark rows. The doll looks great. Strawberry Shortcake was my daughters favorite, I've been thinking about getting the book and making them for her as a reminder of her "long gone" childhood.

Yes it's very hard to keep it a surprize. She's home from school today she had to get 3 shots and her finger pricked she's not a happy camper. So i wont get to work on it today till she goes to bed.My daughters the same way, She wants the carebears too but, i don't see that happening soon. It'll be quite awhile before my hubby will approve more crochet related shopping. It is the Lesiure Arts book.

I used to have some of the Strawberry Shortcake dolls as a girl - and I think I remember that Strawberry Shortcake had a hat that was more like a large brimmed straw hat?

Maybe it's just my memory going with old age :)

Yes it's very hard to keep it a surprize. She's home from school today she had to get 3 shots and her finger pricked she's not a happy camper. So i wont get to work on it today till she goes to bed.My daughters the same way, She wants the carebears too but, i don't see that happening soon. It'll be quite awhile before my hubby will approve more crochet related shopping. It is the Lesiure Arts book.

I made the Care Bears. I made Good Luck Bear, Grumpy Bear, and Funshine Bear. The kids love them. I also used that pattern, without the tummy, to make some regular bears. I just used some cool yarn. They aren't too hard. That was the first real project that I did. Also when I started crocheting more. Now I make it a point to do something everyday. My kids inspire me to make more things. :hook

I just got the Strawberry Shortcake pattern off of ebay. I will have to make it for one of the little girls in my family. The hair thing is a little intimidating though.

I forgot to say that I had to make some changes to the hearts in the Care Bear Pattern. They looked to big to me so I made them smaller.

01buckler15, can't wait to see pics of yours when you get started :D.

I redid her hat last night after mikayla went to bed. I'm a little more happy with it now. I made one of her shoes. and some strawberrys for her hat. I'm running a few ideas threw my head for her hair i might just do it my own way instead of following the book. I think the yarn hair is still the best option as far as my lil girl goes . She tends to sleep with her dolls . and she's a little ruff on barbies hair as far as brushing it goes. She has a few SS dolls and she doesnt bother there hair any. I'll post a pic on my progress soon. She looks a little silly atm with just one shoe on. :D.

I left a strawberry out to her hat last night and poof it was gone this morning. I hope the rest of the kids didn't put 2 and 2 together and tattle on me lol. So far so good on my little secret tho.

Everyday Crochet,

Aww . My 8 yr old son still loves carebears. His older brother swears theyre for girls tho. lol

The book? There's a strawberry shortcake book? Ooooo! I loved Strawberry Shortcake - I don't remember the rest of the names, though I had nearly all of them! Strawberry Shortcake was my favourite. :) Love it! Thanks for posting!

Archived