Purple C’Ville Bag

Tampa Doll

It will soon be the month of April and thoughts of Easter :rabbit:ducky and Spring:rose are in the air.

So with that in mind, I have made a purple C’Ville Bag. Yeah, I know it looks blue, but believe me it is a deep purple.

While I was making this, I had to chuckle, as several of you said I should make a purple one. I already had the cotton yarn and I already had it slated for April.

It was also crying out for very colorful handles. The color for the handles is called Violet Veil Ombre.

I don’t think I ever told you how much this bag holds. In the picture I have 2 Red Heart Pounders inside, with plenty of room to spare.

So what do you think?

smcrochetvillpurplepassuv1.gif

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love these bags! (and so does my daughter:) she's 13 and loves to crochet). Is this pattern available? I thought I'd seen a graph for it, if so, is it to make a bag like this? And also, how much yarn does it take? Sorry for all the questions, I appreciate all the help:).......................Lise

the pattern is in a book called victorian charm i think its still available in some stores and online. the graph she made for the pocket or maybe her DH made for her with a program they have i believe she said the graph was 60x70 the pattern is for the bag but the graph section was added on the pocket i think Tampa Doll correct me if Im wrong

I just love your bags! The purple and colorful handles go great together! You did a fantastic job!:cheer Please, keep up the work it's encouraging for us beginners to see what we will hopfully one day be able to create ourselves! You're very talented:hook

Crochetluvknot is right. The pattern for the bag is Victorian Charm by Lily. Michaels carries it and there are several on like sites that carry it, including Maggie's Crochet and Herrschners.

The graph was made on soft ware I have on my computer, but it can be done by hand. Do Crochetville in block letterrs and a silhouette of a hook. It is 70 stitches by 60 rows.

Ashley's Mom, we all have talents in different things. I wish I could do the Afghan stitch, filet and Irish Crochet to name a few.

Glad everyone likes this bag, I was a little apprehensive about the color and the handles.:hook

Thank you for the answers and help. Next time I go to Michaels I'll look for that book. This is something I'd love to try to make for Christmas. Thanks:)......................Lise

Mary Jo,

Remember the poem about getting old and wearing purple?:think Well, that is me....the older I get the more I love purple. :manyheart And when I really want to be fiesty, I put a little red with it!!! :devil Your bag is beautiful!!!! :manyheart Just like all you do and your generosity with others amazes me. I have seen the RAOK bags you have gifted others with.:fame All I can say is I am thankful that Cochetville has provided me an opportunity to witness the goodness of you and all these other lovely ladies!!:flower :flower

I love this one, too, Mary Jo! The color on the handles, with the white Crochetville and the flower, really lighten it up. :hook Another great job!

Did you look at some of the ads on this thread? 'Tampa Condos'....'Tampa Bay Jobs'.. :lol (Tampa Doll....) I thought it was funny. But maybe it's just me.

Tina

Archived