ksa_dolly

Hiiiii from Saudi Arabia

I've been crocheting for ages, really!! about 45 years now but only seriously for the past 15 years. It's not easy to find good crochet thread in Saudi but I am a regular at one store selling DMC threads and they are so nice when worked up.

Can anyone give help in finding more filet crochet worked in the round? I just LOVE this piece that I made for my sister.

05-09-1aSis.jpg

Dolly Khodair

Jeddah Saudi Arabia

:hook

Dear Dolly,

I live in the UAE and like you, I find it *very* difficult to get good thread / yarn for crochet . And don't even get me started on the (non) availability of good books on crochet. Many mail order sites cater only to customers from the US or Canada. That leaves us in quite some lurch ! :)

You've been crocheting for 45 years !? That's amazing . I'm sure you must be quite the expert by now. The picture you've posted is great.

I'm not too much into filet crochet, but I did make one rather large oval doily in filet which turned out better than I imagined. I shall post a picture as soon as I figure out how to post pictures :D

I'm glad to hear about one more crochet enthusiasts in the region.

Peace!

lacy lucy

:waving Dolly ! :welcome from Maggie:bheart in Stoneboro, PA!:flower

:welcome Greetings from Italy!

:welcomefrom Morocco, it is very difficult to get threads and good qualitry yarns here too!:( There are some good filet crochet pieces here

http://home.inreach.com/marthac/filet.html

http://crochet.about.com/library/blfreecharts.htm

http://www.smartcrochet.com/

This site is in French, but you can understand the graph patterns even if you can't speak French...........

http://www.mammy3.com/fra_unc_pub.html

Have fun! I hope you find something you like........and welcome again!:)

:welcomeYour work is beautiful! You will find alot of help and great ideas here!:hug

Hi and Welcome to Crochetville from the Island of Trinidad Wst Indies.

Ferosa

I've been crocheting for ages, really!! about 45 years now but only seriously for the past 15 years. It's not easy to find good crochet thread in Saudi but I am a regular at one store selling DMC threads and they are so nice when worked up.

Can anyone give help in finding more filet crochet worked in the round? I just LOVE this piece that I made for my sister.

Dolly Khodair

Jeddah Saudi Arabia

:hook

Hi Dolly! I lived in Jeddah for a few years when I was younger and it was a terrific city to me. The women were warm, and the men very generous. So many cats though!! Welcome :)

Hi and welcome from the West Coast of Florida. Your work is beautiful. I am sure you will find plenty of patterns and help here.:hook

Welcome from (not so) sunny Italy!!

That filet doily is stunning!!!!!:)

Needles & Brushes

Howdy from Oklahoma

Welcome to Crochetville

Hi dolly,welcome.What a lovely doily. There are some Japanese books by the name Crochet Lace by Ondori.Try if you can get it lots of lovely filet and regular crochet patterns.

Dolly,

:hi and :welcome from sunny Calabash, North Carolina, USA! You will really like it here - the folks are welcoming and so generous - :clap!

And that doily is beautiful - :cheer!

Oh My Gosh Dolly !!!!!!!!!!!!! That is just beautiful...........

Welcome from Washington & Good luck finding more patterns.

:c9:hook:welcome

Margi

Beautiful doily! You have every right to be proud of that! Welcome to the group.

SuSue