{Closed.new thread for the CAL}Begenning Threadies CAL soon**

heart

***There is a New thread for the CAL. Please post all questions/info in the new thread***

There have been a few questions about another Mystery Thread CAL for beginners, Thank You Nanacarr for getting the ball rolling! ;) An idea just came to me after answering Nanacarr's pm this morning, and I've been crocheting like mad to get it worked out. Even frogged a few times :eek and said a prayer till I got it right :manyheart It will begin on Friday March 23 or Saturday March 24. So that I will have enough time to finish and test the pattern. This is just a heads up. I'll post it in a new thread called "Spring Time Mystery CAL for Beg. Threadies"

Supplies needed will be ( spring-y colors..pastels, Easter egg colors, cream or white is good too, just something springy)

# 3 thread a main color, then some for an accent color, use what you had left last time, or buy new...Or it can all be 1 color, your choice.

size "D" hook

Liquid Starch (you can get this in the laundry detergent isle at most grocery stores, I buy "Stay Flow" in a blue jug. It seems to last forever)

and a suprise element that everyone can get readily available and extreamly cheap, most of us already have it in our kitchen, or on your desk..if you're like me! :D can't tell you now, it might give it away :hook

So wether you're a seasoned pro, newbie, or just want the practice, Hope to see you the end of this week! :manyheart

just befor ei Gte excited is the mystery item overseas friendly?? am I likely to have it in my kitchen. I hope so cause iM ready to start threading!!

Yes it is. I'll pm you just to make sure. ;)

You're welcome Nanacarr, and Thank you too! :)

Yeah! It will be so much fun! I have been starching stuff for years and it is always neat. My Husbands mother used to too. Some of the stuff she made, it was really beautiful! She has since passed, I would love to have had a few pictures or actual projects. The memory of them is beautiful. This will be absolutely Great for the spring season! Can't wait! ;)

Just got back home from my "thread buying trip". I found some pretty colors at Michael's and AC Moore. My local Walmart doesn't have but a few basic colors in #3 to pick from. I'll probably make 2 of our "mystery" cause I couldn't decide on colors and had to buy 4! :hook:devil

LOL You are so right! I went to Walmart to this morning, and I bought 2 basic colors. The origional I made , and am actually finishing the last row as we speak, is in the same colors I used last time. I love this so much, I will be going out for special colors soon too. I'd like to get a mint green or a lite blue. Walmart here just has white, cream, pink, and red. All pretty, I just want something more "springy!" :D I'm going to make a few as gifts.

Michael's (at least where I live) had more color choices. I got a pastel yellow, purple, sage and tangerine(looks more peachy). They also had lime, 2 shades of blue, rose and some others. I wanted to buy all of them! So I went eenie, meenie, minie, moe....:laughroll

This sounds great.

Can anyone tell me where I can get size 3 thread. I have size 10, 20 and 4ply thread, not sure where I can get size 3 thread.

Walmart has a limited amount. For this CAL I bought my thread from A.C. Moore and Michael's. Both of these stores have a better selection.

Doula..:D I'll start talking tommorrow morning! ;)

Karenroq..Glad to help you give this a try. :)

Aussie, Maby If you can hold 3 strands of # 10 together, it is about the same thickness. But It may be a challenge getting it to not tangle. It can be made with a # 10 and a size 7 hook, but we will have to be creative with the suprise element..It would be very sweet and dainty....oops..there I go..talking again..:D :D :D

Aussie, just an idea..is the 4ply thread..or yarn? If it is cotton..(has to be cotton for the starch) and it is about the same thickness as 3 #10 thread strands held together, then you can use it (as far as the gauge/size goes). I'm only familiar with the 4ply as worsted weight yarn.

Cool! Some of you are new to me...it's exciting getting "to know" more of our members!. So far there are 12 of us...hope everyone participates!

Will a multicolor work with a solid for this? Got some DMC Senso, 60% cotton, 40% acrylic. I bet that won't work, will it...for the startching? And does it have to be liquid starch?

If the Senso won't work, I've only got Warm Rose, Bridal White, White and Black. Maybe I'll try the 3 strands of #10 or go to the store myself. Sweetie picked up the Senso for me.

Are we going to start tomorrow or Saturday?

:hug:manyheart

I am confused now with the sizing.

I have the

Semco Milford knitting crochet cotton its 100percent cotton and its 4ply equivalent.

Mercer crochet #20 cotton. it says to use 1.25mm on the packet.

I will have to ring Spotlight and see if they have number 3 or maybe go to Big W(Woolworth) and see if they have this sizing.

Archived