Lonely Crocheter/Knitter in Southwest Michigan

loopy1

:( I'm so lonesome, I could cry! :cry

And I am really blue! But I have my :ccompute so at least I get to work with my :yarn while I chat with some of you. But I have to go :shop all alone. :sigh

I joined the 50 books :book challenge for the year so that fills up some of my lonesome time.

Seriously, I know lots of you don't like to indicate where you're from :worried but I would so like to find some fellow crocheters/knitters/crafters in my area. If you're in the Kalamazoo/Battle Creek area...east, west, north or south of here...but of course not too far away, please pm me if you don't want to post here.

I'm really a nice person and a fun girl! I'd love to meet you at a LYS or the mall, JoAnn's, Michael's, Hobby Lobby or Wal-Mart.

If I didn't have my :teddy, my :1sheep, and :2sheep (I love lambs and collect them) to snuggle with, what would I do? :scared

Please, is anybody out there? If I don't get any responses (oh no! that's negative thinking) then what shall I do? Just keep reading and snuggling with my teddy bear and lambs. And, of course, crocheting!

Oh, thank you, lovely, for the "lovely" sentiment. That's so sweet and appreciated.

So, when you do come home, and if you have any free time to go shopping or something (I do realize that's a precious commodity when you come home), please try to contact me by pm.

Aren't I pitiful? Quite a case! You know I'm just being very dramatic here!

:hug:manyheart

Aww, you're welcome! I wish I had people up here who would crochet with me. A couple people started to learn after they saw me doing it, but they don't want to have crocheting parties. It's sad. :(

I'm staying at college over the summer to take a couple classes so that hopefully (fingers crossed!) I can get into my program this fall instead of waiting until next year... but if I do get a chance to go home, I'll definitely send you a message! I'm pretty new at crocheting, so I bet you could teach me a lot!

Why not have an online crochet party? Either use an instant message program (some have the option of adding more than two people to a chat window, or find a chat room, pick a time, and meet. :) Bring your project to the desk :).

And if you use a progrm that allows a microphone, you can ttalk instead of type :)

I'm in southern WEST VIRGINIA little too far to drive to shopand hang out but Virginia Hooker had a great idea to have an online party. I see that a lot of us have Yahoo messenger.:cheer

Aw, Jeannie - I can totally empathize with ya! I just joined a group on Yahoo - they meet once a month at a Wendy's for a couple of hours...I can't wait!!

I live in the Detroit Area..I wish I lived by you= I'd meet you in a heartbeat!! Hey do you use Yahoo? I am - MsSuzKelly. Gimme a hollar if you so desire. I have made some wonderful "cyber" friends over the years..and it's nice to chat with people!

Loopy do you ever get up around Lansing? I live about 40 miles north of lansing, but work there.

Nope, don't ever get up around Lansing, but if and when I do, I'll be sure to contact you! Thanks!

Why not have an online crochet party? Either use an instant message program (some have the option of adding more than two people to a chat window, or find a chat room, pick a time, and meet. :) Bring your project to the desk :).

And if you use a progrm that allows a microphone, you can ttalk instead of type :)

Great idea! Kind of already have that here when I'm in a CAL. But I'll have to check that out and call on you guys. Although, it's still not the same as being in the same room to see what each other's doing and to have coffee/sodas & pie/cake/cookies together...yum yum!

Sorry That I dont live near you, but just wanted to say HI.

Thank you, crochetlady. Hi! That's very sweet of you and if I get a chat room going, I'll let you know.

I'm in southern WEST VIRGINIA little too far to drive to shopand hang out but Virginia Hooker had a great idea to have an online party. I see that a lot of us have Yahoo messenger.:cheer

Hey, Rhonda! Just hop on a commuter jet and I'll pick you up at the airport! :haha

Aw, Jeannie - I can totally empathize with ya! I just joined a group on Yahoo - they meet once a month at a Wendy's for a couple of hours...I can't wait!!

I live in the Detroit Area..I wish I lived by you= I'd meet you in a heartbeat!! Hey do you use Yahoo? I am - MsSuzKelly. Gimme a hollar if you so desire. I have made some wonderful "cyber" friends over the years..and it's nice to chat with people!

Suzy, that's great! Meetin' at Wendy's...I love frosty's! As I've said if I get something started. you'll hear from me. Still making any crinoline ladies?

To the rest of you, there's a link to our crinoline ladies CAL in my siggy. Take a look and you'll see some real beauties!

:tyThanks to all of you for responding to my "pitiful", dramatic plea for face-to-face crocheters! Your responses were so kind and sweet and helpful. :day

I wanted to answer each one of your posts individually so I wouldn't miss anyone...I've been out running the streets all day! Didn't buy too much yarn that I don't need...just a little bit. When something gets me out of the house, I go crazy and hit all the stores! Hobby Lobby, JoAnn's, Michael's, Wal-Mart and others. Tried to get some framing info for my crinoline lady...to have it done is too expensive! Especially if I want to make more and I do!

You may not be interested in this one bit but I'll tell you anyway! Here's what got me out of the house. I had to see a technical person today to show me how to use a CPAP (Continuous Positive Airway Pressure) machine so I can get a good night's sleep. Guess the docs think I have Obstructive Sleep Apnea. I've had two sleep studies where I had to stay overnight hooked up to monitors, etc. You can see my machine here and kind of what it'll look like when I'm sleeping here. I'm prettier than he is! :hook

:hug:hug:hug:hug

:manyheart :manyheart :manyheart :manyheart :manyheart

Awww, I feel bad that you're all the way on the other side of the state from me. I'm looking for people to meet up with face-to-face as well. But I'm lucky enough to live in the Detroit area so I'll probably join the Yahoo group that someone else mentioned in a previous post.

I hope all goes well with the CPAP machine. I know a couple people who use them and it makes an amazing difference for them.

Here's a :hug and some :cheer, hoping that you find some local crochet buddies soon. And if you ever get to come to Detroit, give us all a holler!

Nora

Awww, I feel bad that you're all the way on the other side of the state from me. I'm looking for people to meet up with face-to-face as well. But I'm lucky enough to live in the Detroit area so I'll probably join the Yahoo group that someone else mentioned in a previous post.

I hope all goes well with the CPAP machine. I know a couple people who use them and it makes an amazing difference for them.

Here's a :hug and some :cheer, hoping that you find some local crochet buddies soon. And if you ever get to come to Detroit, give us all a holler!

Nora

Thank you so much, Nora! And I'm glad you've found a group in the Motor City!

You are in my prayers Jeannie. Hope you have a better night tonight. Praying for many better days and nights for you!:hug:manyheart:hug:manyheart:hug:manyheart:hug:manyheart

Thank you, Sarah! You're sneaking in on my thread...:heehee ! Wish you were here!

Hey Jeannie my husband uses a CPAP and he feels so much better for it. I hope it makes you feel good!!

I am alternating between my Springtime Crinoline and the Fingerless Mitts. I have totally abandoned my yarn. I think I am crossing over to the Thread World. LOL. I LOVE THREAD!

I live south of Grand Rapids, between Byron Center and Kentwood. We are going to be starting a crochet/knit group at my church before summer. PM if you are interested. We would love to have you come.

• 1 month later...

I'm in a Yahoo crochet and knitting group that meets 1x per month in the GR area.

Loopy1, I sent you a PM about it.

Archived