**Afghans for Orphans!** ITEMS ARE ON THEIR WAY!**

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Linda, What patterns did you use for your pretty squares...they're so fun and cute and I think the pattern looks really good with those colors! Thanks! :) ~Christina

Rachel, I sent a box your way today. Please PM me the sponsering church's name and town. That way the things are tax deductible. A newbie gave me some of the squares... you'll see. One afghan is a family production.

Mary! I got your squares! They are gorgeous and so soft too! I'm going to have to make your patterns!

Thank you so much! I hope to start putting them together tonight or today during nap time! I will share pictures after my camera charges a bit! :)

Thank you all to who's helping!

Rachel, I sent a box your way today. Please PM me the sponsering church's name and town. That way the things are tax deductible. A newbie gave me some of the squares... you'll see. One afghan is a family production.

Ok, I'll ask Hubby before he goes to work to get that info for me today! :)

:cheer Thanks so much for helping! I'll let you know when I get the box!

I got your stuff!? I think....Is your name Mary? I got a box, via UPS. It's huge and there is a TON of stuff in there! I love the sewn dresses as well! I'm sure the girls will look cute in them. I have to tell him to get lots of pictures for us when they recieve their items! This is wonderful! You did so well!!!!! I'll get you the infomation shortly!

Rachel,

Is your post # 59 referring to me? If so, Glad you like them! LOL! I guess that the name "Mary" is a popular one here at the 'Ville! :lol

Mary <><

I just wanted to quickly say that I will be donating an afghan and haven't forgotten or anything....I've completed quite a few squares....it's really coming along! I'm so excited to complete my first granny square blanket! The first granny square was exciting on it's own! haha..I'm hoping to have this done by the end of the month?? we'll see I guess! ~Christina

Wow, love the stuff! Especially the granny square blanket! I am going to be working on a few squares while on vacation and get them out to you mid may...hope it won't be too late!

That's great Christina!!!

I just learned my first GS too two nights ago! I was like "Yey! I finally can do it!" Hubby just looked at me and said" You're making something named "Granny"? :lol that big dummy!

Can't wait to recieve the afghan!

I just wanted to quickly say that I will be donating an afghan and haven't forgotten or anything....I've completed quite a few squares....it's really coming along! I'm so excited to complete my first granny square blanket! The first granny square was exciting on it's own! haha..I'm hoping to have this done by the end of the month?? we'll see I guess! ~Christina

Rachel, I like the yellow edging you added to the fleece blanket. How did you do that?

Any word yet on which church these are going to?

???? I didn't add anything to a fleece blanket? That's all the stuff from you.

Shoot, hubby couldn't remember the name...let me PM you my phone number so you can remind me!

I need to have them by May 20th so I can piece everything together!

Once I get more Squares I'll start doing that then, but I'd like to have them all first so that I can pick and choose which colors to go where, KWIM?

Thanks for you help!! :cheer

Wow, love the stuff! Especially the granny square blanket! I am going to be working on a few squares while on vacation and get them out to you mid may...hope it won't be too late!

That first granny square was such a feeling of accomplishment! I'm so excited! Haha, my boyfriend had about the same reaction as your hubby! He was like you're making something called a granny square?? You really are turning into an old lady..haha...He jokes that I'm like an old lady with all of my craftyness, but he secretly (not even secretly, because he tells me if he thinks something looks cool) likes it...especially since I'm going to make something for him! I just tell him ~ I don't do your grannies crochet! He thinks it's cool that I'm doing something for charity though...also he likes the afghan I'm making for my brother for his HS graduation!

Next on the list is a baby blanket for some friends and an Afghan for the boyfriend! Hopefully I can finish them over the summer? ~Christina

Archived