Entrelac Bag

JCB

Oh that is simply beautiful! I think that the felting really makes this type of technique look unique. I've never seen anything like it.

Great job~ and you felted it too!? I have been racking my brain trying to figure out entrelac in kn*tting, maybe if I tried it in crochet first, I could *get* it... :blush Very nice! :hook

Tina

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back here... I've been out of town, and no internet access, for a few days.

Beautiful bag, Joan! Very different. Did you work the entrelac in rounds or as one long piece sewn together at the sides? It looks like something I'd like to try (gotta learn tunisian crochet first).

Debbie

The bag is done in rounds. Each 'row' is one color of the Entrelac blocks. I do it in rounds, then add the bottom as the last step.

Joan

Thanks again for all your compliments!

WOW that looks great ! i love the colour combination that your chose

It's funny... those would not have been my first choice in colors. I made that bag for the International Tote Exchange and my 'pal' wanted subdued colors, so I went with 3 shades of denim and the plum to offset it. I'm more of a jewel toned gal myself... although I do love purple, which is why I chose that plum color.

Joan

What a great bag! I love the color combination, too.

I never realized that you could do entrelac in crochet. That makes perfect sense...I've been kn*tting an entrelac scarf, but with crochet, one can make it reversible (knitted entrelac isn't much to look at on the wrong side)...brilliant!

I never realized that you could do entrelac in crochet. That makes perfect sense...I've been kn*tting an entrelac scarf, but with crochet, one can make it reversible (knitted entrelac isn't much to look at on the wrong side)...brilliant!

Actually, Entrelac Crochet is done using the Tunisian stitch, which makes the back look similar to knitting... and not that attractive. However, by felting it, you lose the stitch definition anyway, so it would be reversible. I'm not sure how good something like a scarf would be felted.. it loses the drape of the fabric.

Joan

Archived