Entrelac Bag

JCB

I learned how to do entrelac crochet about a month ago and seem to be obsessed with it. This is the first bag I've made... I have 2 more.. one I'm still working on and one that's felted (and shrank more than I expected) that still needs handles and a lining. While I'm working on one bag I keep thinking about color combinations I could do for another.

Here it is:

ITETote.jpg

Joan

That is so cute! I want to do a felted bag but am not sure I want to shrink all that work (and expensive yarn) down to a little bag! They are so cute though!!

Very nice! I have the booklet that teaches you how to do it and just haven't had time to tackle it yet. It look like it would be fun though and go pretty quickly. It sure does felt up nicely! Beautiful bag.

Thanks so much for all your kind words. And... thanks Knikki for showing the link.

Entrelac is the name for creating the diamond pattern. It uses the Tunisian Simple Stitch. Once you get the hang of it, it is really easy. I used Paton's Classic Merino yarn... I love that yarn because it felts up beautifully, and, for 100% wool, is fairly reasonable in price.

Joan

Beautiful bag, Joan! Very different. Did you work the entrelac in rounds or as one long piece sewn together at the sides? It looks like something I'd like to try (gotta learn tunisian crochet first).

Debbie

Archived