Yarn Links?

natalie058

Herrschners weekly yarn sale, usually updated some time on Wednesday, has amazing deals, like Skacel Mohair for $1.97/skein. Their regular prices are full retail but the weekly blowouts are amazing; be warned, though, that you never know what's going to be there and the good stuff goes fast. I've also gotten Skacel Ocean (pretty variegated cotton tape) for $1.97/skein. Also great prices on Jo Sharp, Debbie Bliss, and more. It's the only way I'm getting the high-end yarns.

Although for great prices every day on high-end yarns, can't beat Knit Picks.

• 1 month later...

UK Shops:

I would recommend http://www.getknitted.com and http://www.banyantreeyarns.com

Get Knitted have a great sale page and give you little gifts in the box with your yarn (pens, lollypops, mini-soap etc). Based in Bristol - also open their warehouse once a month so you can go and see their stuff.

Banyan Tree Yarns offer a range of Lion Brand Yarns - great wonderful fast service and since they are in the UK they have already paid the VAT and other import taxes (got side-swiped by this when I ordered from the States directly). I placed an order on a Saturday and got it on the following Tuesday morning. Also they reply to any email enquiries extremely fast! I do love it when you actually get through to a human rather than an automated response...

www.knitpicks.com does cater to knitters but their Wool of the Andes looks great in crochet as do most of their other yarns. plus, their prices are beyond reasonable (i don't know how they make a profit, they just love us enough to give us good yarn prices) and orders always arrive quickly.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Herrschners weekly yarn sale, usually updated some time on Wednesday, has amazing deals, like Skacel Mohair for $1.97/skein. Their regular prices are full retail but the weekly blowouts are amazing; be warned, though, that you never know what's going to be there and the good stuff goes fast. I've also gotten Skacel Ocean (pretty variegated cotton tape) for $1.97/skein. Also great prices on Jo Sharp, Debbie Bliss, and more. It's the only way I'm getting the high-end yarns.

Although for great prices every day on high-end yarns, can't beat Knit Picks.

Yup! I love the Yarn Sale! Here's the direct link the sale site: http://www.yarnsale.com

I Like to shop an ebay store named whitknits. There specialty is Noro. Nancy has many colors, and is very quick to e-mail an answer to your questions. The box was lightly used, not one that had been shipped ten times over, and the packaging was very neat and clean. I paid, and believe the package was in hand within three days. If I figure out how to add her button, I will do it!!

Laura

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone. I recently picked up a booklet of patterns for handbags at Hobby Lobby. Great bags and they look easy to do! Problem...I can't find the required yarn anywhere (JP Coats Crochet Nylon). I could order it online (joann.com has it), but I am getting impatient and want to get to work right now! :) Any ideas for a good substitute yarn?

Thanks!

Jen

i love knitters warehouse and smileys fast and courteous service ive read from afew that smileys yarn that people are complaining of moldy smell ive ordered from them numerous times and the yarn is all in bags and never had a problem

Hi everyone. I recently picked up a booklet of patterns for handbags at Hobby Lobby. Great bags and they look easy to do! Problem...I can't find the required yarn anywhere (JP Coats Crochet Nylon). I could order it online (joann.com has it), but I am getting impatient and want to get to work right now! :) Any ideas for a good substitute yarn?

Thanks!

Jen

I have found the nylon in AC Moore and Michaels here in the NY/NJ area

• 3 months later...

I love www.discountyarnsale.com . They do have a $30 minimum, but that is easily done. She has almost all of the yarns in bags. 3-10 balls per bag, depending on what yarn. There is quite a large selection of so many yarns I've never heard of. Look at the On Sale link for the great deals.

Shhh, she even has Noro on sale!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I love Red Heart's "Light & Lofty" and "Baby Clouds" super bulky yarns and just found Mary Maxim has 5 Baby Clouds colors for $2 cheaper than I can buy locally! I just placed an order for 20 skeins, and the shipping was only $9.25!

If these colors will work for you, the price is a steal:

http://www.marymaxim.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10054_3074457345616777121_-1_15019_15023

The nearest place I can buy any yarn is 20 miles away so I do most of my shopping over the internet. (Would you believe I live 90 miles from the nearest Wal-mart, 120 miles from the nearest Hobby Lobby???)

Jackie

Okay you guys HAVE to go check out this yarn!!! I have a feeling I'm going to be putting in a big order after Christmas!!!

I just ordered from them for the yarn swap!!!! They even take Paypal!! :danc :hyper

:wowdrool Yum!!!!!

~Rebecca

I just looked at this site...WOW...but I have a pretty dumb question...how do you use this yarn. it doesnt look like the pull from the center kind...how do you keep it from tangling?

I just thought I'd let everyone know about a great place I found for RH mill end yarns. They are currently uploading their discount yarns & also getting ready to stock other yarns as well. Their prices are great & their service is the best I've ever encountered!!!

http://www.angelicrafts.com/home.php

Archived