Metro Detroit area crocheters?

nela42575

My good friend Michele (who I haven't yet convinced to log in here) and I were talking about getting a crafting group together, maybe once or twice a month. Originally we said crochet, but we didn't want to limit the group or exclude anyone. After all, we love *everybody*! :manyheart

I'm just trying to see if there is any interest out there. We're in the western suburbs, but we'd be willing to travel if it meant we'd meet other addicts and have a chance at some 'personal time' (read: kids will stay with Daddy :yay ).

I think I've seen other folks on here from this area. If there is already a group started please let me know. Especially if we can join in the fun.

Nora

there is a group i belong to called metro detroit crafters we meet the 2nd sat of the month at wendys at 15 mile and groesbeck and we have fieldtrips that we take to hobby lobby and marymaxim in porthuron anyone is welcome to come and join the fun we have the group on yahoo so come and join in.

Nela, I'm in Superior Twp., just on the west side of Canton. I used to live in Westland a few years ago. I Lived there for 11 years. Where in Westland are you? I was by Warren and Venoy.

Nela, I'm in Superior Twp., just on the west side of Canton. I used to live in Westland a few years ago. I Lived there for 11 years. Where in Westland are you? I was by Warren and Venoy.

I've moved a few times, but first we started out by Westland Mall, then we were by Newburgh & Palmer, and now we're at Middlebelt & Ann Arbor Trail. Before that, I spent 20+ years growing up in Redford.

Nora

• 1 month later...

I've been trying to go to the Metro Detroit Crafters meetings, but unfortunately I almost always have to work on Saturdays. It it pretty far from me, too.

I'd love to get together with others from the area. Most of you live pretty close by, too. :hook

• 1 month later...
I've moved a few times, but first we started out by Westland Mall, then we were by Newburgh & Palmer, and now we're at Middlebelt & Ann Arbor Trail. Before that, I spent 20+ years growing up in Redford.

Nora

You're KIDDING ME!!!!!

Merriman and Ann Arbor Trail!!!!! I probably pass you every day, and don't even know it!!! My parents are Middlebelt and Ann Arbor Trail!

I totally missed that this thread was posted on after my last message.

If you guys are interested, maybe we could do a small get-together here on the west side, on a different day. I'm fairly open on the weekends, but I work afternoons during the week.

And Stella, you probably drive past all the time. We're in those townhouses behind where F&M used to be. :)

Nora

• 5 months later...

:yay Hello! You aren't far from me as I'm near the Macomb Mall. And we have our Metro Detroit Crafters meeting at the Wendy's at 15 Mile & Groesbeck if you want to join us! It's tomorrow at 1:00, and we usually have 8-12 ladies attend, bringing whatever craft (I think all of us either crochet or knit or both!) we are working on and chat! Hope you can join us as it's not a far drive from you!

• 1 month later...

Owlstitcher-- I'm a Clinton Twp. gal-- 15 and Groesbeck is just 10 min. drive. The meeting is every 2nd Saturday? So Jan. 12th is the next meeting? What time do you meet? I'd love to come.

Alice

Alice

the meeting in Jan will not be held at wendys we are actually having a pajama party at the group owners home we stopped meeting at wendys temporaily since they have issues with the heat we freeze they still have the air on for some odd reason in dec we met at culvers on 13 litte mack not sure where the next one will be keep u posted.

There is no meeting at wendys for jan we are having a pajama party at the group owners home we met at culvers in dec due to heat issues at wendys not sure where feb will be but will keep u posted also if u would like to join our group its called metro detroit crafters i dont have alink but if u go to lionbrand site we are on there under groups

• 4 weeks later...
I'm in south of Dundee, a little outta the way but Im a local crocheter too. Not many by me. Belleville is kinda close (about 40 min.)

I used to live in Petersburg, which is just south of you. We used to ride our bikes to Dundee all the time. Now we're in Plymouth, not too far from Belleville.

• 1 month later...

I'm in Canton, Cherry Hill and Lilly.

I saw that the Plymouth library has a group that meets once a month (it was Monday, but I missed it) - might be a way to meet.

I go to the Metro group, but it'd be nice to have something on the west side once a month, too.

deb

• 5 months later...

Metro_Detroit_Crafters

I'm now the moderator of the yahoo group.

We're meeting once a month at the Culver's restaurant on the northeast side of Detroit (13 Mile and Little Mack). We are a yahoo group, also. To join the yahoo group, you can go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Metro_Detroit_Crafters

Or message me if you'd like more information, without joining the yahoo group.

We crochet and knit mostly. We just went on a 'field trip' up to Port Huron to the tent sale at Mary Maxim's.

Deb

By the way, I'd still be interested in getting together with others in the Plymouth/Canton and nearby areas, anyone else still want to?

• 2 months later...

The Metro Detroit Crafters now meet at Culver's resturant at I-94 and 13 Mile Road/Little Mack on the second Saturday of the month from 12-3ish. Check out the group site on YAHOO. The resturant is right off the expressway, there is a JoAnns across the street.

• 4 months later...

Anyone still want to meet on the west side of Detroit? I'm in Canton, and some crocheters in Ann Arbor and Belleville are looking for folks and I would love to start/join a group over here (while still going to the east side once a month).

PM me if you're interested.

deb

Anyone still want to meet on the west side of Detroit? I'm in Canton, and some crocheters in Ann Arbor and Belleville are looking for folks and I would love to start/join a group over here (while still going to the east side once a month).

PM me if you're interested.

deb

I live in Wyandotte (downriver).

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I meet with a group of lady every Tuesday night 6:30-7:00 at Panera Bread on 14 and John R ( North east corner). That's in Troy. We do crochet, knit, cross stich just about everything. Anybody in the neighborhood can come and join us.

Archived