be honest, ladies: do you spend more time crocheting....

...or READING about crocheting and checking out crochetville to see what everybody else is doing?

i'm starting to think i spend more time finding ideas and thinking of stuff to make than actually DOING it haha! so come on, fess up!

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I think it's because I don't feel as guilty sitting on the computer, because that is where I spend a lot of time doing homework and such, so it seems like less of "wasting time" than sitting and crocheting. Now, I know, crocheting isn't a waste of time, but I always have so much to do, and it feels like I'm doing something leisurely when I crochet and I should be working instead.

Guilty as charged! :(

I should feel bad that I am not crocheting more...but I LOVE reading about what others are doing and seeing other's finished projects.

The down side is I save pattern after pattern and bookmark link after link...I will NEVER get everything done that I want to get done! :no

I'd have to say I actually spend more time crocheting than on the web. I check here a few times a day, but I don't spend a lot of time overall. I also check in at a couple of other places. Every now and then I update my blog. Other than that, I tire easily of the computer these days. I have too many things to make and not enough time...tho I do admit, I'm always in search of more patterns.

This is the second place I go in the morning...right after my morning devotionals:angel . I spend about an hour here with my coffee...say :waving to the newbies...check the posts since the last time I visited...and...get lost looking for projects...like I don't have enough:hook ...but...ya...I spend about 50/50 timewise.

Funny you should ask that question because I was just thinking about how much time I spend here and also looking for patterns.

I just bought a laptop over the weekend :clap. I gave my daughter my old one, so we can now both be online at the same time, and I dont' have her always asking when she can get online :lol My son was helping me set it up and he imported my bookmarks and links. He called me into the room and asked me if I had looked at my bookmarks lately. I was shocked :eek when he opened my bookmarks and let me see them ALL. There is no way I can make everything I have bookmarked. And that is not counting everything I have already printed out.

I love coming to the 'ville and seeing what everyone is making/talking about. I also love searching for patterns and yarn. I have been getting a lot of crocheting done lately, since Mom has been in the hospital. I crochet while I am visiting/sitting with her. I have 1 ghan almost done and 2 more in the works.

When I am home, I cheat. I crochet while I am on the internet, as long as it is a simple pattern. I have a laptop cart on wheels, and wherever I'm crocheting, my laptop is right in front of me.

Does it count that I do most of my crocheting in my computer chair with my computer tuned into Crochetville and the television on at the same time.

Oh my, I have a sickness.

Does it count that I do most of my crocheting in my computer chair with my computer tuned into Crochetville and the television on at the same time.

Oh my, I have a sickness.

LOL, I have twin! I still feel like I am getting something done because I can hear the dishwasher and washing machine going right now.

:yes Oh, sure! Definitely! I buy and download more patterns & books than I could EVER work through and spend loads of time looking through them planning all the stuff I'm 'going' to make next. And, I have a really boring job with a computer just sitting here in front of me begging me to get one the 'Ville all day, too! :P

I'm the same way with cook books, too. I buy them like crazy and download recipes, and then make grilled cheese for supper half the time! :blush

LOL, I have twin! I still feel like I am getting something done because I can hear the dishwasher and washing machine going right now.

We are triplets only I don't have a dishwasher:clap :lol:hug

Glad to know that I'm not the only one spending my good crocheting time here instead!

But I multitask as well. The laptop is on the arm of the recliner, and I'm watching TV. I often crochet at work, and listen to audio books. I may listen to XM later tonight, maybe not, depending on how much I've tivo'd that needs catching up.

But it has been sooooo goood to find this site!

• 5 years later...

I feel like ever since I've discovered Crochetville, I've spent more time on here than crocheting. But I'm still in the learning phase. I'm just soaking it all in right now.

You guys are so helpful!

I do most crocheting while watching TV. After 8pm TV belongs to H and I don't like his shows. (I call them the triple D's = Death, Doom and Destruction). So no crocheting late at night, but during the day it is alittle crochet, alittle sewing, one or two house chores, some time here and then back to crochet until it's time to cook. At night it

is back and forth between the ville and some puzzle or word games, the phone and emails. I would be bored without my Ville!!!!

Archived