He finally popped the question!

After 16 years of marriage to a crocheter, my husband finally asked me those six little words that made my heart go pitter-pat! "Can you teach me to crochet?":c9

I jumped up immediately, grabbed waste yarn in his favorite color, sat him on the couch and showed him how. He has learned the chain stitch and single crochet. He's a mechanic, and he just got off work, so his hands and clothes are dirty. But he's crocheting!:clapJamiecrocheting.jpgJamiescrochet.jpg He has a plan to make himself a scarf to wear while riding his motorcycle. He wants it to have the Honda emblem on it so after teaching him single crochet, I'll teach him to change colors. Hopefully I have him hooked! :manyheart

Congratulations to you both! May you be very happy with your new life! (Does this rate a new dress and a big party with champagne?)

Congratulations to you both! May you be very happy with your new life! (Does this rate a new dress and a big party with champagne?)

Maybe a small party with a new scarf and Margaritas would be more appropriate. Besides, wearing white around a mechanic is a bad idea!

But, I'm afraid that this may mean the sharing of my stash!

not only is he crocheting but he let you take a pic of him doing it :eek

good black mail material :rofl:devil

No blackmail here. He actually took his swatch with him to work this morning. He wants to become proficient enough to start on his scarf very soon. And who's gonna make fun of a guy with a metal hook in his hand! :hook

Besides, we have both been reading The Crochet Dude's blog for a long time and my husband thinks that crochet designers should be men. They're more logical, or something! :think

:yay How cool is your husband!!!

:idea He finally saw the light!!

:nahnah You were having all the fun

:tup The Crochet Dude strikes again

Can't wait to see his progress!! Thanks!!

gonna show this to my DH tonight.

I tried to teach my hubby, but he's right handed and I'm a lefty. But the process was really funny. I saw the way he was getting frustrated and laughing and that reminded me of the time I was taught by my mother-in-law that is also right handed. Hope he keeps up the good work, lol.

That is fantastic, I am going to show my hubby this thread, I hope that it inspires him, he let me teach him cross stitch, but I am not supposed to tell anyone, I wonder if he would be more open learning crochet.

Cg on getting hubby into crocheting. My 10 yr old son wants to learn how my hubby tells him it's for girls.. Of course they like to aggravate each other. So i'm sure it's all in fun.

please excuse me, but oh my god that is so sexy. my fiance has offered to let me practice teaching on him but he's never said those wonderful words "can you teach me to crochet". if only he knew how powerful they were...

WOW!! That is amazing. My husband didn't believe it when I read it to him. He had to come and look (he is a mechanic too).

But be carefull. You may create a monster.

And do you really want him knowing how much you spend a month on yarn and supplies? I can't find my hooks after only I have used them. Hurry go hide your stash, some place feminine so he wont look.

Don't hide your stash, just explain that he needs to help you enhance the stash now that he's using it too. My friend is teaching her hubby to crochet. He already sews beautifully (he's making ME some new clothes for job hunting) and I'm giving him yarn. Ed said he's not ready to take the crochet TO dialysis yet, but it helps him occupy his time now that he's forced into retirement.

That's so cool. My dh shows no interest, but we've still got 4 small kids...one of us has to do SOMETHING aroung here! LOL...

Maybe when we retire...

Archived